- £70,000 - £80,000 basic salary
- Car allowance c£7,000
- 6% matched pension
- Full family health care and x4 basic salary life cover
- 25 days annual leave
- Phone & laptop
Commutable from: Leicestershire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Loughborough, Burton-On-Trent, Ashby, Coalville, Tamworth, Swadlincote or Lichfield
Are you an experienced Engineering Director looking to lead a £multi-million capital projects delivery business where you will spearhead all mechanical, electrical, software and process engineering functions?
If so, ATA Search is recruiting for a client with whom we have forged a close relationship who are looking to recruit a hands-on Engineering Director with a proven track record in providing leadership to a multi-functional engineering team. This business is at the forefront of the design, manufacture, build, installation and commissioning of large scale, fully integrated capital projects across several market sectors where there is some form of liquid process.
With the backing of a larger parent company generating c£86m, this role will offer the suitable Engineering Director the autonomy to drive the engineering department and to play an instrumental part in supporting the team to achieve overall growth targets.
The role of Engineering Director:
- To take ownership of all engineering activities related to mechanical, electrical, software and process engineering
- Ensure all engineering deliverables, deadlines and quality standards are achieved
- Managing a team of both permanent and contract engineering professionals (c28 staff in total)
- Providing support to the Managers; mentoring, guidance and outlining training initiatives
- Ensure the design process is effective and to standard
- Scheduling work, resource planning and ensuring the team take ownership of all engineering initiatives
- Creating and managing engineering Gantt charts outlining key technical milestones during the design stage
- Overall guidance during the procurement and tendering stage to ensure all designs meet specification
- Weekly meetings related to design, resources and project status as well as monthly Board meetings
- Continuous improvement; improve efficiencies and increase quality to save costs
- Review, improve and introduce new and robust design/engineering SOP’s
- Evaluating new project wins with the senior leadership team
- An experienced Engineering Director, Head of Engineering, Technical Director, Head of Technical or related role
- A proven track record in managing medium-sized teams with strong leadership skills
- Suitable engineering qualification, preferably a degree
- Process backgrounds such as O&G, pharmaceutical, food, beverage, dairy, ingredients, plastics, water, chemistry, microbiology or anywhere where there is a liquid or gas process
- The ideal candidate will have an appreciation of all engineering functions – mechanical, electrical, software and process
- Financially and commercially aware with experience and exposure at the management level of contracts value over £1m
You will have full autonomy to manage the department as you see fit and will join an organisation that already encompasses a highly skilled leadership team, with the support of first-class Engineers. As an established business, you will be part of a market-leading capital projects business with solid foundations and a platform to accelerate growth over the next five years.
How to apply:
Please click “apply” or for further information, please contact Ajay Bhella at ATA Search by emailing me an up-to-date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
ATA Search Specialises specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation