Facilities Contracts Manager
£35,000 – 45,000
I am working on a retained business with a company that is a privately owned £3 million business that was established in December 2008.
Since 2008 the company has provided bespoke warehouse facilities services to customers in the logistics, processing, and distribution industries. The business is very tightly knit and employs 14 staff dealing with several major logistics and high street customers.
They offer four main services:
- Refurbishment of existing buildings, offices and welfare facilities
- Loading Bay installation, repairs and servicing
- Materials handling and processing solutions
- Facilities Maintenance
Having developed the business to this point, the Directors are now looking to take a reduced involvement in the day to day, hands-on, running of the business and concentrate more on their roles as Directors to drive the business forward. They are looking for someone to come in and fulfil the resulting new management role and hopefully develop it into a GM role as the company further expands.
As Facilities Contracts Manager you will be reporting directly to the two business owners.
The role will be to oversee the day-to-day business and managing the office which includes the two Site Support Coordinators based in the Belper office. The successful Facilities Contracts Manager will engage with customers who have enquired and help to select the right resource, then follow quotations from the enquiry stage through to completion of the work. This could be undertaken utilising JMEs directly employed engineers or through approved sub-contractors.
The Facilities Contracts Manager will make an assessment whether they have the resource in house or need to engage a subcontractor to undertake the work. Sometimes it will be a combination of the two.
Many day-to-day items of work are reactive maintenance such as attending to leaking water systems or blocked toilets. These items of work may be as little as £200 and are are generally handled by the two Site Support Coordinators who will arrange for a sub-contractor to attend, usually on the same day.
To be successful in your application for this Facilities Contracts Manager role you will need:
- Experience leading a team
- Experience in either building services or facilities maintenance
- It would be very beneficial to have an engineering background. This could be mechanical, electrical or control systems
- To be willing to take on a multitude of different tasks, the business is an SME company and need someone who will support where required
- To be able to build strong relationships with customers
For this Facilities Contracts Manager role you will receive:
- A starting salary between £35,000 – 45,000
- Competitive benefits package
- The opportunity to develop into a General Manager
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation