Field Service Engineer
- £27,500 - £35,000 depending on experience
- Company van with tools and insurance provided
- Bonus circa £2,000 (paid annually and not guaranteed)
- Overtime circa £2,000
- 25 days holiday and competitive matched pension (up to 5%)
- Life cover and fantastic opportunities to progress
Location: Somerset – Commutable from Somerset, Dorset, Wiltshire region covering a UK wide territory
ATA Recruitment is currently working with an extremely successful manufacturing business that supply pump solutions to many different industries including oil & gas, food & beverage, water and chemical. Having been established for nearly 50 years, they are a leader in the industry and pride themselves on investing in future technology to provide their customers with the most cutting edge and innovative solutions.
They are currently looking to recruit a Field Service Engineer to join their experienced team. The role is a varied position covering service, preventative maintenance, breakdowns, troubleshooting and installations on customer sites across the UK and Ireland.
If you are a motivated Field Service Engineer who has experience working on rotating equipment such as pumps, turbines, compressors etc. and are looking to join an ambitious business who can offer you the opportunity to work on exciting engineering projects, apply now for immediate consideration.
The role of the Field Service Engineer will involve:
After an initial 6 months of intense training you will be responsible for;
- Service, preventative maintenance, breakdown, troubleshooting, repair, installation and commissioning of a wide range of pump systems on customers sites
- Service, maintain, repair and attend breakdowns for all equipment. You will fault find, repair and replace both electrical & machinal parts to component level
- 60% of your time will field-based and 40% based at the workshop carrying out repairs of pumping systems
- The role will vary from a simple replacement of a pump where you will replace it like for like to complex installations of the pumping system
- In some cases, you may be required to go offshore for a week on an O&G platform on the North Sea
- Some of the complex projects will require you to go to a customer site and conduct full site surveys
- You will be responsible for all RAMS, H&S and to supervise site Subcontractors
- Using basic hand tools and electrical testing equipment (tools provided)
- All service work is sent to you on an iPad for you to sign off all completed work
The successful Field Service Engineer will have the following experience and background:
- Minimum 12 months experience working on rotating equipment e.g. pumps, compressors, turbines etc.
- Suitable backgrounds related to service, maintenance, installation, commissioning or Workshop Engineers looking to go into the field should apply
- A suitable engineering qualification or a complete Apprenticeship
- An ability to read P&ID and or process diagrams
- Based in the Somerset region
- Flexible to travel and willing to stay away from home 2 nights per week
How to apply:
Please click “apply” or for further information, please contact Ajay Bhella at ATA Recruitment in Leicester on 01162167000 or 07827918324, or please email me an up to date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and General Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.