- £80,000 - £95,000 basic salary based on experience
- Expensed company car or a cash car allowance - £7,500
- Company bonus – 20% based on annual targets
- Matched pension
- 25 days’ leave + 8 Bank Holidays
- Phone & laptop
- Immediate start available
Location: East Midlands as this role will cover multiple sites
Your location: The ideal candidate will be based in either Leicestershire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Northamptonshire or South Yorkshire
ATA Recruitment is currently recruiting for a General Manager to join a small but growing manufacturing and production business. Boasting £multi-million annual sales, this multi-site SME has experienced significant growth over the past three years as a result of forging key strategic partnerships in target growth markets.
This UK operation boasts a healthy balance sheet supported by the group as well as a team of circa 50 permanent staff who are highly skilled and valuable to the organisation. As with most businesses, the pandemic has affected in some form of another, however, my client has continued to buck the downward trend.
Whilst 2021 will be a cautious year for most, my client is looking at their three-year growth plan and would like to recruit a General Manager from an SME type background who lead the team, drive operational improvements and to ensure continual sustainability across the sites. It’s highly beneficial that the next General Manager is from an SME background as whilst you will be leading the business, you will also be hands-on with all departments across sales, operations, manufacturing, production, engineering, supply chain and logistics.
For further information and a confidential call, please email a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The role of the General Manager will be as follows:
- The General Manager is to provide effective, efficient, and strong leadership to the team with full P&L responsibility for a £multi-million manufacturing and production business
- Evaluate and improve all operational activities whilst maintaining a results-orientated culture
- Outline improvement initiatives to increase efficiencies across the business such as improved freight rates and better material costs whilst increasing turnover and profitability
- Drive a continuous improvement culture across the business as well as looking at ways the business can operate efficiently
- Review and improve current processes and SOP’s to make the business more stable, reliable, and consistent
- Ensure a continual improvement on Health & Safety, housekeeping, and the wellbeing of all staff members
- Manage all HR activities across the UK operations from recruitment, training, 1-2-1’s, development plans, performance management and disciplinaries when required
- Ensure the business delivers on daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales and operational KPI’s
- Monthly reporting to internal Stakeholders and to lead negotiations with key suppliers and vendors
- Work with the Business Development Teams on sales strategies and to increase sales
- Financial accountability – Budgeting, invoicing, calculating ROI and cash flow management
The ideal General Manager will have a combination of the following:
- An experienced General Manager or Business Unit Manager within an SME manufacturing or production environment
- Experienced in P&L management and managing sales, operations and engineering teams
- A suitable engineering or manufacturing qualification is highly desirable
- You must be willing to travel to multiple sites and willing to stay away from home
- A hands-on-on approach to your work as this role will require you to have day to day contact with the operations and engineering teams regularly
- The ideal candidate will be located either Leicestershire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Northamptonshire or South Yorkshire
How to apply:
Please click “apply” or for further information, please contact Ajay Bhella at ATA Recruitment by emailing me an up to date copy of your CV to email@example.com
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.