- £65,000 - £80,000 basic salary
- Incentive plan – 20% of basic salary
- Car allowance - £6,250
- Pension – 5% matched
- Employee stock options
- Life assurance and health care cover
- 25 days’ leave + public holidays
Location: Norfolk, Thursford region
ATA Search is working in partnership with a specialised operations, logistics and supply chain services provider that is business-critical to their client’s organisation. This well-established and market-leading business are experiencing a planned phase of growth. Having increased headcount by over 20% in the last 12 months and as part of succession planning, they are now looking to recruit a General Manager to spearhead a business unit with over 100 staff boasting £multi-million sales.
With full P&L control, the successful General Manager will lead all commercial sales and operational activities such as sales, sales development, customer retention, customer growth, production, engineering, operations, logistics and supply chain.
Employee engagement, workplace diversity and continuous improvement projects are key to their ongoing success. Our client understands the many benefits that a diverse workforce brings and specifically encourages female candidates to apply for this role as they are currently underrepresented at this level in their organisation.
For further information on this confidential assignment, please email an up-to-date CV and contact number to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The General Manager will have full P&L control and accountability for a 100+ staff team
- Management of the senior leadership team – Recruitment, 121’s, appraisals, objective setting and performance management
- Succession planning, talent pipelining and identifying rising stars
- A key business objective will be to create, deploy and execute sales and customer development strategies whilst still managing the day-to-day operations of the plant
- Setting sales KPIs, efficient management of all sales activities and providing first-class sales leadership
- The position is to also have complete responsibility for the site providing effective and direct leadership across operations, production, logistics and supply chain
- Overall accountability and responsibility for maintenance engineering to ensure all machines are operating efficiently
- Overall accountability of the facilities KPIs such as sales, sales growth, margin, customer retention, H&S, OEE, efficiency, input and output
- Accountable for all administration activities and for managing and leading the Customer Services Team
- Introduce best-practice operations techniques and lead all continuous improvement and H&S initiatives
- Drive operational improvements, optimise logistics services and ensure effective supply chain management
- A commercially focussed General Manager or related roles such as Managing Director, Sales Director or Commercial Director
- A demonstrable track record in leading commercial sales teams within Operations, Logistics or Supply Chain
- The successful applicant will ideally have worked in a high volume and high pressurised operations environment
- Ideal sectors include logistics, supply chain operations, military, parcel distributions, PPE, secure document distributions, airport operations, food distribution and any other sector where you have a strong emphasis on operations, logistics and supply chain
- A suitable education or business degree is preferred
- Commercial and financial acumen – P&L responsibility
- Based in the Norfolk region
How to apply:
Please click “apply” or for further information or please contact Ajay Bhella at ATA Search by emailing an up-to-date copy of your CV to email@example.com
ATA Search specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and General Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation