Head of Purchasing
- £65,000 - £80,000 basic salary
- Incentive plan – 10%
- Car or car allowance
- Pension – 8% employer contribution
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Life assurance and health care cover
- 25 days’ leave + public holidays
Location: Commutable to the Lichfield or the Tamworth region
You will ideally be located: Leicester, Coventry, West Midlands/Birmingham, Tamworth, Lichfield, Stafford, Burton on Trent or Derby
ATA Search is working for a multi-site and £multi-million manufacturing business supplying a range of chemically processes/plastic products to various market sectors. Boasting sales over £190m, they are highly profitable and driven by strategic growth both organic and through acquisition.
Well established and identified as a market leader in their field, this company sets the standard by employee satisfaction, excellent customer service and providing a product that is unrivalled by their competition.
Employee engagement is key to their success with a low staff turnover and loyal workforce. Aside from this, the group is driven by sustainability and improvement projects significantly reducing their carbon footprint and energy consumption.
As a result of a restructure within the business, this company is looking to establish a robust procurement department where the Head of Procurement will develop, implement and lead a holistic purchasing strategy that delivers the company’s customer service goals and objectives and financial targets.
For further information on this confidential assignment, please email an up-to-date CV and contact number to email@example.com
- To create a robust and efficient purchasing department with a clear strategy, process and KPI’s
- Direct hands-on management and responsibility, accountability, coordination, and performance of the purchasing department with the team, business, and suppliers
- Establish relationships with the existing purchasing team and build relationships, outline training programmes and support and guide them on best practice purchasing management
- Value stream analysis of the current team, purchasing processes, SOP’s and to outline improvement initiatives
- Manage a purchasing spend of £15m-£20m per annum
- Review new and existing supplier contracts, supplier performance and negotiate improved rates and service agreements
- Strategic review of the current vendor list and to make the assessment and decision to change this accordingly - Increase or rationalise as you see fit
- Introduce purchasing KPI’s, supplier targets and review the current supplier base
- Outline and introduce continuous improvement projects throughout the purchasing department to reduce cost, improve efficiencies and irradicate waste in the process
- Analyse and review purchasing behaviours, buying trends vs production activities
- An experienced Purchasing Manager, Supply Chain Manager or Buying Manager
- Experienced in purchasing activities within an engineering or manufacturing environment
- CIPS qualification is highly desirable
- A proven track record in strategic purchasing
- A proven track record of change management within a Purchasing Department and a demonstrable track record in implementing new processes
- Demonstrable leadership and people development skills
You will have full autonomy to set up and manage the purchasing department. As a stock listed business that are driven by growth, there will be numerous opportunities for you to progress within the larger group and for a Group Purchasing Managers role for a £190m+ business.
How to apply:
Please click “apply” or for further information or please contact Ajay Bhella at ATA Search by emailing an up-to-date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
ATA Search specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and General Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation