Health and safety Specialist – Engineering.
£40,818, Derby, Day shift only
Paid overtime or banked hours, 33 days paid holiday (Including bank holidays), excellent pension, private healthcare, company.
We are looking for a health and safety specialist to join Toyota Motor Manufacturing UK (TMUK) at their world class manufacturing facility in Derbyshire. Toyota are the world’s largest automotive group, steeped in history and pioneers of technology such as the Hybrid Engine and the world-famous Toyota Production system. The groups UK arm is a critical part in the company wheel, with Derby currently operating as their flag ship site in Europe accounting for an impressive £3B of the groups £210B annual turnover.
The Health and Safety specialist will sit within an established team of likeminded and motivated professionals who have a solid plan to make TMUK the safest place to work in the UK.
What’s great about working at Toyota?
- TMUK offer an extremely secure working environment, with no compulsory redundancies in their history.
- Over 120 employees are on internal development programmes across the company internally, leading to promotion.
- Every job is valued. TMUK invest in all their members to ensure they are not only reaching their potential but will have the opportunity to succeed long term.
- Have young children? Why not use the companies excellent onsite bumper nursery.
About the role
As a health and safety specialist you will be responsible for the following:
- Supporting the Health and safety manage with the sites h&s goal.
- Driving health and safety improvements.
- Leading health and safety initiatives.
- Writing risk assessments and SOPs
- Carrying out health and safety inspections
- Working with contractors, checking permits to work.
- Working with external bodies such as local authorities.
- LOLER, PUWER and COSHH assessments.
- Report writing and presentation.
To be considered for the role of Health and Safety specialist you should have experience in a previous role, ideally from a manufacturing environment.
You should be/have:
- A good understanding of machine safety within a manufacturing environment.
- Strong health and safety knowledge
- Strong organisation skills
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong analysis skills
- The ability to write reports and present at a senior level.
- NEBOSH national diploma qualification or equivalent (essential)
Joining TMUK, you will be joining a business that places a strong emphasis on personal development and will put together a personal skills matrix for you to ensure you have all the tools necessary to do the job. There are future career progression opportunities for those that can demonstrate consistent high performance and a passion for self-development.
If you think you are the right health and safety specialist for this market leader, please press apply, call Ashton on 07814905283, or email your CV too email@example.com
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation