Health, Safety and Environmental Project Lead
£43,000 - £46,000 + £4,300 Car Allowance
My client is a process engineering specialist who design and manufacture turnkey project for clients in the food, beverage and pharmaceutical markets amongst other industries. The company have a trading history that dates back over 200 years and a senior management and directorship team who are all home grown from within the business.
The company employs more than 200 staff of which over 100 are employed in professional engineering roles (many of whom are chartered engineers) across software, process, electrical and mechanical disciplines. The company are experienced huge growth in capital projects won and are on a mission to grow from a £50 million to £100 million business in the next four years.
As part of the projects they deliver they are responsible for the installation and commissioning of the equipment required for the project at site. The company are looking to recruit a Health, Safety and Environmental Project Lead who will be responsible for assessing the HSE practices in place across the UK and global sites where the business is delivering projects to identify and lead the implementation of new HSE best practices to continuously improve health and safety procedures and behaviours at site.
The Health, Safety and Environmental Project Lead will be responsible for looking at the processes and systems that my client has in place on their projects currently and looking for ways to improve them and leading those changes. You will also be responsible for this at the fabrication facility the business runs in East Lothian.
The role will involve:
- Auditing health, safety and environmental standards in place at project sites
- Reviewing the current standards in place and assessing if they are fit for purpose
- Identifying and implementing new best practices within the HSE systems and policies.
- Carrying out root cause analysis following any HSE issues and putting corrective measures in place into mitigate risk in future.
- Support Projects in establishing Construction Phase Plans and Site Welfare.
- Support projects and production in establishing required documentation, records and inspections are in place as required.
- Advise and review on RAMS both internally and with contractors.
- Completing monthly reports on performance
- Supporting the sites in the application of safe operating procedures and ensuring these are clear at site
- Leading and encouraging the right safety behaviours at site.
- Reviewing occupational health procedures in place for sites.
To be successful in your application for this Health, Safety and Environmental Project Lead role you will need:
- A NEBOSH General Certificate or higher
- Experience in working to CDM regulations on projects in relation
- To be a strong influencer who can raise standards and instil best practice around Health, Safety and Environmental systems and procedures.
- To be diplomatic
- To be happy travelling throughout the UK and around the world.
For this Health, Safety and Environmental Project Lead role you will receive:
- £43,000 - £46,000
- 4,300 car allowance
- 24 Days Holiday rising to 25 after one year
- Matched pension contribution scheme
- Flexible holiday policy.
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation