Job Title – HGV Fitter
Location – Leicester
Salary -£34,000 plus overtime at x1.5
Shifts – Mon – Fri (Days)
Our client is one of the Midlands largest recycling companies. With site across both the East and West Midlands, their purpose built sites can handle any form of recyclable waste. Their Stoke site processes 300,000 tonnes of mixed waste a year, with only 2.5% of this going to Landfill. The business run their own fleet of HGVs and Trailers and currently require an additional HGV Fitter to join their existing team.
- Performing full Services on HGVs
- Oil and Filter changes.
- Inspection to chassis.
- Engine diagnostics.
- Changing Wheels and Tyres.
- Air Suspension Checks.
- Brake change and checks.
- Checking and servicing Hydraulic rams on lifting arm.
- Electrical checks.
- Checking air lines and compressors.
- Repairing any damage on tractor units and trailers.
- Some welding repair required for trailers, but welding is not a must as can be taught.
- All repairs are tracked and recorded on an iPad (completely paperless).
To be successful in your application you must have the following skills or attributes:
- Must have previous experience working on HGVs
- Must have a relevant Qualification