Interim Engineering Manager – Derbyshire
12 Month Contract - £350 per day PAYE / £425 per day Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Engineering / Maintenance management
This well-established market leading business is currently looking for an Interim Engineering Manager to oversee the role current maintenance team until a permanent employee is recruited into the business. This will suit an interim that can support the team, identify problems, pick the right solutions and implement them. If you believe that you are suitable for this role, please call Steve Harrhy 07827295376
The Interim Engineering Manager will be responsible for the following
- Day to day operational management of the maintenance team – 20 direct reports
- Implementing OEE within maintenance across the sites
- Acting as an escalation point for solving technical problems – mechanical, electrical, controls
- Leading the engineering team through root cause analysis of engineering and maintenance issues that arise on the plant.
- Supporting the CI Projects going at site with any engineering support required.
- Ensuring contractors at site for engineering activities are instructed correctly.
- Identifying developmental and training requirements with the team including staff appraisals and reviews.
- Running daily meetings with the engineering team to discuss key objectives and review.
- Organising the planned maintenance activities
- Engaging with the site operations team for machine availability and communicating any issues engineering are having that will compromise operations
- Overseeing engineering projects going on at site – new equipment installations/upgrades – acting as the site liaising for external companies doing the work.
The Interim Engineering Manager will need the following skills to be considered for this role:
- Proven track-record in similar Interim Engineering Management roles
- Good engineering knowledge, specifically electrical and exposure to automated facilities previously
- Ideally worked in a COMAH environment but will look at candidates not from that environment
- Experience within an FMCG, Automotive, Process manufacturing environment
- Worked with or implemented OEE
- Good management and leadership skills
- Excellent problem solver
- Effective communicator, ability to adapt, direct and assertive
- Lead by example – set the right standards
The benefits of this position:
- Competitive day rates
- Immediate start
- Long term contract
- Great opportunity for professional Interim with turnaround capability
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and General Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website -
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website
To be considered for this role please either hit the 'Apply' button on this site or email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org I can also be contacted directly on 07827295376. I look forward to hearing from you!
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation