Graduate/IT Support Technician
£19,000 – £21,000 + 25 days’ holiday + Stats + Matched Company Pension
My client is a well-known and highly regarded engineering company with a history of providing employment within the area for over 200 years.
The company employs 140 staff of which 80 are employed in professional engineering role across software, process, electrical and mechanical disciplines. The company are experiencing huge growth in large-scale projects won and anticipate they will turn over c£70 million in 2021.
The company are looking to recruit an IT Support Technician or recent Computer Science Graduate looking to join their small team of dedicated technical specialists. The role of IT Support Technician essentially asks as frontline support, assisting 140 staff with technical issues.
This is a first line IT Support role involving:
- Taking incoming IT requests from users in the business and logging tickets for the IT team to deal with – escalating where they can’t resolve the issue
- Building PCs for new starters
- Installing software onto laptops
- Ensuring the asset system for IT equipment is up to date so they can track all assets
- Setting up computers and phones for meeting rooms
- Creating new users and the correct permissions for them on the company systems
- Setting up anti-virus systems on laptops
- Resolving issues, the team have within Microsoft 365 programmes
To be successful in your application for this Graduate Controls Engineer vacancy you will need:
- Previous experience working within an IT support related role
- A keen interest in computers
- A suitable and related qualification is preferred
- Be comfortable working in a front of house position resolving colleagues IT issues
- Working with a team of highly skilled IT specialists
- 25 Days holiday + Stats
- Matched company pension
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation