Junior Bid Manager
An incredible opportunity has come up for a Civil engineer looking for their way into Bid Management. My client is a forward-thinking Tier 1 contractor looking for someone enthusiastic and technically astute to join as a Junior Bid Manager and be mentored to become a fully-fledged Bid Manager on Wales & Western projects.
The company are rapidly growing nationwide and have great amounts of work as a main contractor to Network Rail. With their teams expanding, they want to ensure they find the most ambitious candidates and will support and fund the necessary memberships to help progress them.
Reporting into the Head of bidding, you will be providing compelling technical submissions, whilst pooling together relevant information from other functions within the business to produce competitive tenders. Day to day you will be –
- Working from the ITT inception of the Tender you will be responsible for holding ‘Take off’ meetings with the require participants: Commercial, Planning, SHEQ and Engineering.
- You will form a critical part of the decision-making process as to whether tendering for a job is feasible.
- As you develop, you will interact with relevant Network Rail Procurement contacts and begin to make your mark as the ‘face’ for the Western region.
- You will be tendering for projects on various schemes such as: Asset Management, Bridges & Structures (IP), Enhancements, general Civils, Tunnel Maintenance, OLE, Signalling and E&P.
- HND/HNC/BSc in Civil engineering is essential
- You will be an Engineer or Agent with a proven track record of working on rail infrastructure projects.
- Some involvement with Technical submissions on tenders beneficial.
- Knowledge of signing off paperwork – ITP, Work Package Plans, TB’s etc.
- You will have substantial communication skills and a knack for obtaining information.
£35,000 - £42,000 per annum
Company Car or Car allowance
25 days holiday + bank holidays
To enquire, apply directly or email your CV to Nicole Keeling at Nicole.firstname.lastname@example.org