Interim Lead Buyer – Process Manufacturer
£25 per hour + £3.14 per hour holiday pay (Umbrella / PAYE) – based in South Derbyshire
Contract Length – 6-months
This globally recognised business has continued to grow over the last 12 months and demand for their product is higher than ever before. This means that delivering high quality product to their customers on time and to budget is integral to their busines. As a result, this company are looking to recruit an Interim Lead Buyer that has the capability to work within manufacturing teams to procure components and raw material at the best price and ensure that they are delivered on time. If you are a Buyer with capability to support and direct a small team with a good amount of manufacturing experience, please apply for this role immediately.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Receive the designs and bill of materials from the design and project engineers.
- Products that require purchasing are sheet metal, pipework, plate, dished ends, brackets and other ancillary equipment
- Understand the material requirements of each project
- Contact three suppliers with the requirements
- Get the best value bid in terms of price, quality, and delivery date
- Basic negotiations as and when required
- Working on multiple projects at any one time, so identifying opportunities where multiple requirements across several projects can be consolidated into one order
- Supporting two other team members and helping to set the daily objectives and set the tempo for the day
- Point of escalation if any issues are identified within the supply chain
- Working with the manufacturing team and ensuring the material hits the shopfloor at the right time
- Looking for opportunities to save money, time and overall help to make the business more efficient
The candidate must possess the following skills to be considered for this role:
- Buying or procurement experience within a manufacturing or engineering environment
- Capable of planning for specific demands using a methodical approach
- Able to support a small team consisting of a buyer and an expediter
- Excellent communicator that can deal with a variety of stakeholders
The benefits of this position:
- Competitive hourly rate
- Immediate start.
- Secure and stable business that is performing very well
To be considered for this role please either hit the 'Apply' button on this site or email your CV directly to email@example.com. I can also be contacted directly on 07827295376. I look forward to hearing from you!
ATA Recruitment specialize in Technical and Electrical Engineering, so if this particular role is not for you, please do have a look on our website for further potential opportunities which may suit your skills and experience better - If you have the skill, we have the recruitment knowledge and together we can find you your perfect job! -
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.
You must be eligible to live and work within the UK. Sponsorship is not provided.
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation