Mon – Fri + Alternate Saturdays 7am to 11am
Hours: 6am-3pm or 9am-6pm
Pay: £20 (PAYE) £25 (Umbrella or LTD)
3 Month Rolling Contract possible permanent opportunity.
Overtime Rate: X1.5 after 39 hours
Our client specialises in the recycling of a wide variety of materials. They now require a Maintenance Engineer.
The role of a Maintenance Engineer will involve the following:
- You will be responsible for maintaining the Conveyor and bailing machine at their Enderby Head Office Bulk Handling site. Material is crushed and bailed ready for transfer to the MRF (Multifunction Recycling Centre) by lorry.
- You will be expected to gas cut out any damaged metalwork, fabricate a matching patch and weld it in, then repaint it.
- You will also be responsible for maintaining the large Belt Conveyor that feeds the waste into the Bailer. Maintenance tasks include bearing and roller changes, maintaining the steel beams (fabrication, welding, gas cutting), changing shafts and gearboxes, and swapping the 3-phase motor.
The Maintenance Engineer will need the following skills:
- Must be able to weld and gas cut
- Must be able to fault find, strip and rebuild mechanical systems like bearings, rollers, belts, hydraulics, and pumps.
- Must be able to do basic electrical fault finding.
- Repairing metal structures through welding and fabrication.
- Mechanical fault finding.
The Benefits of working for this company will include:
- Possible Permanent Position
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website -
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website
To be considered for this role please either hit the 'Apply' button on this site or email your CV directly to email@example.com. I can also be contacted on 07814 892 105.
You must be eligible to live and work within the UK. Sponsorship is not provided.
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation