Maintenance Service Engineer
West Midlands based, Covering Birmingham Sites, Burton, Northampton and Brisol
£38,000 – 38,000 + Van + Overtime
My client is a 150-year-old business with over 20 sites nationally. The business specialises in the manipulation of steel products via drilling, shop blasting, lasering and sawing processes and have sites throughout the UK where they carry out the steel processing before selling it to their customers.
Due to growth in the business, they are currently looking for a Maintenance Service Engineer to cover their West Midlands sites, Burton site and Bristol site. You will be carrying out all the planned maintenance and breakdown work for the machinery at the sites. The role would suit someone who is happy working under their own supervision, who enjoys autonomy and is looking for a role on a day shift pattern no stay away required. You will be home every evening.
As a Maintenance Service Engineer, you will be responsible for the planned maintenance and reactive breakdowns for a range of steel processing automated machinery including drilling machines, industrial saws, lasering machines and shop blasting machines as well as the associated conveyors that form part of the machinery lines.
The position is a mixture of electrical and mechanical work including:
- Identifying faulty electrical components such as sensors, inverters, broken cables, safety circuits.
- Checking bearings and hydraulic components within the machines are functioning properly.
- Gearbox replacements.
- ·Supporting the management of essential spare parts ensuring they are available at the right time and as cost effectively as possible
- ·Assist in the development of processes and making recommendations on improvements, asset care and developing a lean culture within the business engineering modifications to equipment that will improve manufacturing performance
- ·Support equipment failure analysis and suggest cost effective improvements to limit failure type or failure frequency
- ·Support the implementation of PPM schedules and Operating procedures
You will also be responsible for organising and supervising sub-contractors that are required for any plant machinery or facilities maintenance at site.
The company also has a site in the southwest that on occasion they would ask you to support.
The company offer a good training and induction programme where they would have you learn how to use some of the machinery before getting one on one mentoring with one of their most experienced engineers.
To be successful in your application for this Maintenance Service Engineer’s role you will need:
- An electrical or mechanical level qual qualification.
- To be able to carry out electrical fault finding and read electrical drawings for three phase systems.
- To be happy working as the only engineer at site.
The Benefits -
- £38,000 – Maintenance Service Engineer
- A day shift role.
- Up to 10% Bonus
- Paid Overtime
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays.
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation