Maintenance Service Engineer
Covering Darlington Area
£32,000 - £37500 OTE 45K – 55K lots of hours available
Shifts Flexible to work Days and Nights
Lots of Overtime Available
My client’s field of expertise is in the logistics industry where they excel in the support of their clients, combining conveyor belting and engineering support, but this is only the beginning for them.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an innovative and growing company where you will have the chance to develop and learn new skills whilst taking a step into a rewarding career.
Due to growth in the business, they are currently looking for a Maintenance Service Engineer to cover their customer sites in the Manchester Area. You will be carrying out all the planned maintenance and breakdown work for the machinery at the sites. The role would suit someone who is happy working under their own supervision, who enjoys autonomy and is looking for a role with no stay away required.
As a Maintenance Service Engineer, the core responsibilities of this role will be the maintenance of conveying machinery across the site, supervision of your sub-contract team, implementation and compliance to Capital SOP’s, business objectives and site-specific compliance.
The position is a mixture of mechanical work and some electrical including:
- Checking bearings and other components within the machines are functioning properly.
- Conveyor belt replacements and conveyor belt fitting.
- Identifying faulty electrical components such as sensors, inverters, broken cables, safety circuits.
- Support equipment failure analysis and suggest cost effective improvements to limit failure type or failure frequency
- Support the implementation of PPM schedules and Operating procedures
The company offer a good training and induction programme where they would have you learn how to use some of the machinery before getting one on one mentoring with one of their most experienced engineers.
To be successful in your application for this Maintenance Service Engineer’s role you will need:
- An electrical or mechanical level qual qualification.
- To be happy working various shifts covering key customers in Manchester
- Conveyor belt fitting and fault rectification
- £32000 - £38000
- Paid Overtime OTE 45K
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays.
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation