Role – Maintenance Supervisor (Electrical)
Salary - £40-45K + production bonus, overtime, 5-10% pension
Shift – Monday – Friday (1 week of 05:30-14:30 and 1 week of 09:00-18:00)
Overtime rate – 1.5, 2.0
Holidays – 25 plus 8 days
Location – Accrington
About the company
I am working with one of the UKs largest manufacturers in the construction and build industry who are looking for an experienced lead electrical maintenance engineer to join their special purpose-built site in Accrington. They turn over £350million per annum have over 20 manufacturing sites dotted throughout the UK, which are all specially built to house a unique, LEAN & efficient production processes specific to them. process. Due to their market sustaining am impressive period of growth, my client has grown as a business by £100 million over the last three years.
ATA has worked with the company for over 5 years and have placed over 40 engineers within the business. Engineers we have placed have commented on how well run the engineering function is within the company and how supportive the senior management team is.
The lead electrical maintenance engineer should have the following:
- Electrical qualification Level 3 minimum
- PLC exposure siemens s7 – to be able to interrogate and fault diagnose (Mandatory)
- Electrical Lead experience or have the drive and motivation to step up to the challenge
- A methodical mind set, with the ability to problem solve and adapt with short notice.
- The ability to work within a proactive nature.
- Experience in maintaining automated plant machinery
- To have come from a heavy industry background (desirable)
About the role
This is 50% hands and 50% off the tool’s role, looking after a team of 5 electricians. As a lead electrical maintenance engineer, you will be responsible for providing breakdown cover and completing planned preventive maintenance on a busy production site. You will be responsible for maintaining plant machinery including belt conveyors, roller conveyors, Fanuc controlled robotics, shrink wrapping machinery, mixers, stack conveyors, kilns and much more. The other 50% will be working alongside the Mechanical Lead Maintenance Engineer and uploading PPM workload system, registering assets online, breakdowns and manpower scheduling.
You will have the responsibility of keeping breakdown time to a minimum, improving machine efficiency and working in conjunction with the groups LEAN and continuous improvement plans.
Further Electrical responsibilities:
- Electrical fault finding
- Electrical components to be worked on are; single and 3 phase, safety control relays, contactors, motors, proximity switches, lightings, star delta and so on
- PLC work – plugging to laptop and interrogations of system with fault finding diagnostics – (Siemens S7)
- Electrical installation & project work.
- Compliance and health and safety.
- Critical stock control.
Joining our client, you will be joining a reputable business who offer fantastic training and benefits including a generous pension of between 5-10%. You will be joining a company that has seen an impressive increase in their profit over the last 5 years which has allowed them to acquire some of their competition, build new sites and invest within training and development of their staff.
If you think you are the right Lead Electrical Maintenance Engineer for this company, please press apply, call Dalvir on 07583 174632, or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.