Maintenance Engineer, £46200, Derby, Shifts: Monday – Friday (Early, lates, nights)
Package includes Annual bonus, 33 Days holiday, pension up to 12%, life assurance, private healthcare, Company sick pay, free workwear.
- Become truly multiskilled with fantastic technical training on Electrical, Mechanical & Fluid power systems.
- PLC training, learn how to plug in, fault find, make modifications, and interrogate.
- Opportunity to gain further external qualification including HNC.
- Opportunity to join a company with fantastic employee retention with the average length of service 15 years.
ATA are working exclusively with Toyota Motor Manufacturing UK at their world class manufacturing facility in Derbyshire. We are supporting them on a recruitment drive to add maintenance technicians to their team due to new project wins, internal promotion, and the requirement to increase their workforce throughout 2024. The groups UK arm is a critical part in the company wheel and currently operates as their flag ship site in Europe accounting for an impressive £3B of the groups £210B annual turnover.
Working at the heart of their operation, Toyotas maintenance engineer play a critical part in the production of every single Toyota Vehicle that roles off the production line, which to date sits at over 4.5 million cars. There are currently over 200 skilled maintenance technicians working across the companies 5 prestigious shops, each working in collaboration with each other to ensure machinery is running smoothly and production isn’t impacted. The shops encompass the whole manufacturing process starting in the body shop working right through to assembly before hitting the bright lights of quality control.
What does a day to day look like for a maintenance engineer on site?
As a maintenance engineer you will be responsible for maintaining a variety of PLC controlled automated production machinery which can include Komatsu presses, Kawasaki robotics, Injection moulding machinery + various conveying.
- Completing planned preventive maintenance
- Reacting to breakdowns
- Electrical and mechanical fault finding
- Undertaking project work which can include upgrade and new machine installation.
- Achieving kaizen – Toyotas world renowned continuous improvement process.
What do Toyota look for?
- Engineers who want to contribute to continuous improvement.
- Engineers who want to forge a long-term career.
- A passion for engineering & maintenance.
- A completed craft apprenticeship.
- TMUK are open to backgrounds and will consider technicians from all backgrounds including the armed forces.
- Flexibility to complete the occasional overtime shift.
If you want to hear how to become a maintenance engineer at the world’s largest automotive group, then please press apply or give ashton a call on 07814905283.
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation