Derbyshire (Commutable from Derby, Nottingham, Leicester and Birmingham)
Up to £28,000 – £30,000 + 24 Days Holiday (25 after 1st year) + Company Pension
My client is a process engineering specialist who design and manufacture turnkey process solutions for clients in the food, beverage, pharmaceutical and materials handling amongst other industries. The company have a trading history that dates back over 200 years and a senior management and directorship team who are all home grown from within the business.
The company employs nearly 200 staff of which over 100 are employed in professional engineering roles (18 of whom are chartered) across software, process, electrical and mechanical disciplines. The company are experienced huge growth in capital projects won and are on a mission to grow from a £50 million to £100 million business in the next four years.
The company are looking to recruit a Materials Planner to join their skilled and newly restructured Planning department.
Working along the newly appointed Production Planning Manager, the successful Materials Planner will be responsible for ensuring that all materials required for manufacturing are ordered within time to meet the manufacturing plan and in turn, updating this information within the system when materials are not available as expected.
The role will involve:
- Taking BOMs for manufacturing projects to understand materials that need to be ordered
- Identifying lead times on parts required (sheet metal, valves, machined parts)
- Based on the manufacturing plan, inputting into the system which material needs to be purchased and when based upon lead times
- Updating what materials need to be ordered as per manufacturing plan at weekly manufacturing meetings
- Updating the system with amendments to material availability
- Identifying what materials are available within stock and when inventory is required
- Ensuring the materials have the right information in the system to allow the costing team to place orders
- To be successful in your application for this Materials Planner you will need:
- Previous exposure of working within an ERP/MRP system (whether formally or a spreadsheet system)
- A background in either materials planning or production/capacity planning
- Exposure to planning within a lean manufacturing setting would be highly advantageous
Some of the benefits for this Materials Planner role include:
- £28,000 – £30,000
- 24 days holiday (25 after 1 year)
- Agile working policy 2 days from home per week
- Flexible holiday policy
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation