Workshop Mechanical Assembly Fitter
Term: 3 month contract
Location: Rotherham / Worksop / Sheffield
Rate: £20.00p/h Gross.
Suitable for Limited Co (Outside IR35) or Umbrella
Mechanical / Assembly / Fitter / machinery build
I am working with a growing project special purpose machinery manufacturer, who are in the market for a Mechanical Assembly Fitter, to work on machinery builds in their modern workshop. They operate in food, FMCG and beverage industries. Due to a project influx, they are looking for a skilled Assembly Fitter on a contract basis, which is likely to be extended thereafter.
For the position of Mechanical Assembly Fitter, you will require to conduct the following duties:
- Assemble and fit all aspects mechanically to specification
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Working on special purpose machinery, conveyors and associated equipment
- Drilling, tapping, screwing etc
- Meet project and production deadlines
- Working with small parts of specific equipment and components
- Problem solver, and report any snagging issues to TL regarding builds
- Work to company Quality, & HSE procedures
For the position of Mechanical Assembly Fitter, the successful person will need to have the following attributes:
- Mechanical Assembly fitter / machine build experience
- High level of workshop bench fitting skills
- A strong team player
- Experience within special purpose machinery ideally or similar
- Strong communication skills, with a keen eye for Health, Safety and Quality
- You will ideally be apprentice trained/NVQ L32/3 within engineering
- Your own basic bench fitting tools
The benefits of this position:
- Working within a modern facility on high end projects
- Suitable for outside IR35/ Limited Co. contractors
- Day shift working Monday to Friday
- Plenty of overtime available!
I am looking to speak to Mechanical Assembly Fitters / Machine builders who are looking for a rewarding and challenging contract position. For more information, please contact Luke Corr, Recruitment Manager at ATA Recruitment.
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and General Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website -
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation