Mechanical Design Engineer
- £30,000 - £35,000
- Company bonus
- Pension (up to 10% matched)
- Healthcare single or family + life assurance
- Stock options
- 26 days’ leave + 8 Bank Holidays
- Option to buy an additional 5 days leave or sell
- Agile working
- Immediate start
Established for over 25 years, my client is a market leader in the supply of process engineering systems to a variety of sectors such as O&G, Offshore, Offshore Wind, Marine, Power Stations/Power Plants and Hydro-Processing customers and many more. This multi-million-pound manufacturing business has gone from strength to strength and even throughout COVD-19, this organisation and the larger parent company have bucked the downward trend and are still in a growth phase. This fantastic achievement is down to the products and services my client offers as well as a testament to the solid relationships they have forged with their customers over the years.
Having recently recruited for this business, I can first-hand say they are a true investor in their staff, they offer a fantastic training programme and opportunities for you to progress into leadership roles should you wish to do so.
For further information and a confidential call, please email a CV to email@example.com
The role of the Mechanical Design Engineer will be as follows:
- Responsible for the output of detailed 2D drawings and 3D CAD models of complex design and detailed manufacturing drawings
- Using Inventor and AutoCAD CAD software to prepare, create and modify designs from information supplied to agreed timelines
- Producing P&ID’s (process & instrumentation diagrams) in 2D CAD (Autodesk Inventor) for the Process Engineering Department
- Determines dimensions/specifications on complex drawings for effective manufacturing, including compiling materials and specification sheets
- Able to understand and develop a P&ID and other process documentation to enable an effective design that meets the project requirements
- Selection of equipment such as valves and instrumentation
- Speak to suppliers to ensure their products meet specifications and to manage any engineering change notes from the shop floor.
- To provide mechanical design support to sales/proposals, manufacturing, vendors, or customers
- Actively support an ongoing continuous improvement and safety culture
- Comply with the Company Quality Assurance System – BSEN:ISO 9001:2000
The ideal Mechanical Design Engineer will have a combination of the following:
- 3D design experience – ideally on Autodesk Inventor
- Design experience of process systems which involves a P&ID, pump, tank, valve, pipe, O&G, water systems etc.
- A suitable mechanical, chemical or related engineering qualification
- Willingness to learn and absorb information
- Keen and someone who can work autonomously
- Based or commutable to Monmouthshire
The company and benefits:
Established for over 30 years, this company is recognised as a market leader not only in the UK but across the world. You will be joining a business offering a lucrative benefits package and an excellent training programme where you will have the autonomy to manage projects as you see fit as well as working for a company that is a true “investor in people”.
How to apply:
Please click “apply” or for further information, please email an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation