Mechanical Design Engineer
Derbyshire (Commutable from Leicester, Derby, Nottingham, Birmingham and Sheffield)
£30,000 – 40,000 + Agile Working + Competitive Pension
Our client is a process design consultancy who run multi-million-pound turnkey projects within an array of industries. With a name synonymous with quality, they are a staple employer with a rich history in the area spanning over 260 years and employing close to 300 staff.
Over the past 6 years, the business has increased from £50 million to over £80 million and are currently on track to reach £100 million within the next 2 years. Taking on ever more exciting projects from design, equipment procurement and installation for customers spanning the globe.
They are a true engineering business who employ over 100 staff in engineering roles across process design, mechanical design, controls and automation and project engineering. The business offers their customers consultancy services and full turnkey project management services to their clients and are seeing a large increase in the number of turnkey projects they are winning. Many of their customers are large blue chip global FMCG companies which a testament to the first-class service they offer.
Due to the variety of industries this client work within, including Pharmaceutical, Brewery/Distillery and Food & Beverage, this role offers a huge opportunity to work across a wide array of exciting, complex projects.
After having taken on an enormous £90Million project, they’re looking for skilled Mechanical Design Engineers to join their team of skilled and dedicated Engineers.
The P&ID for a project is developed as a concept/sketch, the mechanical design engineer will then:
- Develop the sketches from the process team into a full P&ID Schematic using AutoCAD P&ID
- There could be 40-60 P&IDs on a project to develop schematics for – it’s a 2D drawing showing the schematic of the piping installation.
- 3D Modelling of the plant layout on AutoCAD Plant – this will include some rough modelling of structural things inside the plant and then running lines for pipework which are blown into models plus some modelling of more bespoke items such as flow plates and platforms)
- Design for manufacture for bespoke items – component modelling – detailed manufacturing drawings for fabrication on the shop floor
- Site surveys – take a 3D camera to site
- Detailed plant layouts – show plan view, side view and elevation – more detailed site layout version showing where the vessels and mechanical process equipment goes with dimensions – installation layout drawing.
My client is looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer with:
- A mechanical design background
- The ability to produce CAD Layout drawings
- Someone who enjoys customer engagement and liaising with customers
- A strong team player
- A mechanical engineering qualification
For this Mechanical Design Engineer role you will receive:
- £30,000 – 40,000 dependent upon experience
- Flexible working hours policy
- Agile working with two days homeworking per week.
- Company Pension which increases with age
- 33 Days Holiday to Use Flexibly Across the year (3 day shutdown over Christmas, you can work bank holidays and use the holiday day elsewhere)
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation