Mechanical Design Engineer
£30,000 – 32,000 + Company Pension + Early Finish 3:30pm Friday
Our client are an exciting, SME that specialise in designing bespoke, large-scale, special purpose equipment for the materials handling industry. Specialising within heavy-duty industries including recycling and aggregate.
Designing innovative and forward-thinking machinery, their products are used either standalone or as part of large-scale materials handling solutions.
The charm of this business and role is not just the family feel and close-knit of the team, but the potential within this position to progress into a senior or management focussed position in the future.
Due to growth they’re now looking to add a dedicated member of staff to their small, experienced team.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for carrying out:
- 3D Modelling and 2D detailed drawings for the range of products that they manufacture, including various specialist conveyor and material handling systems
- These can range from a very simple to a hugely complex machine with various sub-assemblies to be designed alongside.
- 80% of the work will be focussed on 3D modelling
- Speaking with suppliers to liaise on part prices
- Visiting client sides to survey where the machinery will be installed
My client is looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer with:
- 3D Cad experience – any software accepted
- A relevant mechanical qualification
- Ideally having come from a fabrication design background
- The desire to move into a more supervisory or management focussed role in the future would be highly advantageous
For this Mechanical Design Engineer role you will receive:
- £32,000 – 33,000
- Office hours 8 – 4pm
- Early finish 3:30pm Friday
- Company Pension
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation