Mechanical Design Engineer – Structural Steel
- £40,000 – 50,000
- Working From Home Available
- Discretionary Company Bonus
- Mobile & Laptop
- 6% Matched Company Pension
- 25 Days Holiday + 8 Banks Holidays
- Life Assurance 3x Basic Salary
- Free Car Parking
With a history spanning almost 70 years, or client are a well-regarded name, providing consultancy, design and manufacture of largescale bespoke mechanical structures, working closely with leading power generation, aerospace, automotive and energy organisations.
Generating £10m annual sales with close to 100 staff based in their East Midlands manufacturing site, with 2 subsidiaries based in North America and Asia to support their global projects.
The business design, manufacture, build and install large-scale enclosures, mechanical structures, access platforms and structural steelwork for various applications. Other applications can be testbeds, chimneys and tool stacks.
With most of the structural steelwork design engineering activities currently being outsourced, our client is now looking to bring this back in house meaning that there is a gap in the team’s skillset. At this pivotal moment, they are now looking to recruit a Mechanical Design Engineer to join them and fill an integral role in the future development of the company.
The successful Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for:
- Responsible for all design engineering activities and analysis around structural steelwork
- Develop preliminary design to allow equipment structural models to be developed. This design will consider project specifications, design codes, client instructions and process information
- Create concepts of platforms, enclosures, large metal fabricated solutions, metal framework, steelwork and structural elements
- Responsible for producing detailed design calculations for secondary steelwork and checking detailed drawings. Outputs from the analysis will be compiled for internal check and subsequent review by a third party and client engineers
- Perform calculation related to stress, strain, linear elastic, structural, load, force and deadweight
- Using software tools such as STAAD Pro, MathCAD, Nastran FEA (built into Autodesk Inventor), Master Series and Master Frame (training provided)
- Produce sketch drawings of design concepts in sufficient detail to enable the production of detailed design definition drawings
To be successful in the role, the Mechanical Design Engineer will have:
- Structural design related experience
- A suitable and related engineering qualification is preferred
- Experienced within any sector where there is structural metalwork or steelwork – aerospace, energy top waste, marine, offshore, energy, petrochemical, civil, construction etc
- Experienced in designing against Eurocode 3, EN 1993, BS and or ISO standards
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation