Mechanical Fitter

Location Birmingham
Job Type Permanent
Salary £37500 - 37500 per year + OTE 42,000+
Reference SPJF1211

Mechanical fitter – Birmingham

4 on 4 off – 2 days and 2 nights then 4 off – after every 7 rotations 18 days off

£37,500 + OTE £42,000+

The company

One of our most successful international clients, specialise within a niche product market. They are looking to enhance their already strong engineering team based in their UK site, through adding an additional 2 mechanical fitters. The scale of the operation on their UK site is so big that they are based across 3 different units on site, which empowers them contribute in excess of £20 million turnover.

The role

The mechanical fitter role would include, but would not be limited to:

  • A 50/50 split on reactive and PPM work
  • Working in a heavy industrial environment
  • Majority of the work being mechanical 80%, with the remainder 20% being electrical
  • Working on hydraulic, pneumatics, large conveyors, kilns, presses, extruders and more
  • Welding and fabricating when required

About you

The ideal mechanical fitter would be:

  • In possession of a recognised engineering qualification
  • Time served/experienced within a manufacturing, medium to heavy or process driven environment
  • Able to work as part of a team as well as individually
  • Driven, hard working and someone who wants to get stuck in

The benefits

Alongside the exceptional working pattern, allowing the successful candidate a large amount of time off, this company offer many more benefits. With the company continually being a leader within their sector, they offer a stable career, with security in the role. Alongside this, the progression of skills will help develop the successful mechanical fitter and allow them to apply and utilise them within the correct environment to do so.

If you think you are the right multiskilled maintenance engineer for this market leader, please press apply, call Joe Foster on 07701326339, or email your CV to joe.foster@ata-recruitment.co.uk  

ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.  

By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.

ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation