Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Elec Biased)
3month+ Initial Contract
£27 - 30 p/h (Ltd / Umbrella) DOE
12 hours shifts, 4 on 4 off, rotating days and nights
Barking, East London
We have been instructed by one of our key clients to help them find a highly skilled Maintenance Engineer to join their Maintence team on initially a temporary basis. You will be working for a leading company based in the London area who have been unaffected by any Covid or Brexit issues. This is a temporary position, however an extension on the first assignment is a real possibility, and if desired a perm role could be an option in future for the right candidate.
What the role will involve:
- Electrical Maintenance of materials handling and process equipment
- You will conduct PPM, reactive maintence and engage in improvement projects
- Reacting to breakdowns and issues – keeping everything running
- Project work - looking at long term reliability improvements and efficiency’s
- The type of equipment you will working on includes: Trommel’s, shredders, various conveyors, sorting bins, gantry cranes, bailers & compactors.
- Typical faults will include motor issues, wring issues and SCADA / Automation problems.
- If at any time there is a breakdown, this takes priority and they will work to get the machine back up and running ASAP
- The role is Electrically biased, and SCADA skills are also key
What the company are looking for in the contractor:
- Previous Electrical Maintence
- Open on background but would have ideally worked in an industrial / heavy engineering environment. This is large scale, quite dirty engineering work.
- Capability to fault find using engineering drawings
- Has word or single phase and three phase
- PPM & reactive maintenance experience
- Relevant qualification – Times served / ONC / HNC etc.
What the company can offer the contractor:
- Opportunity for contract extensions / temp to perm
- Competitive hourly rates.
- Challenging role.