- £60,000 - £80,000
- Company bonus based on profit
- Car allowance £5,000
- Pension - matched contribution
- 30 days’ leave
Location: Lincoln, Lincolnshire
An Operations Director is required to work for a market-leading manufacturing business based in the heart of the Lincolnshire. With over 30 years of trading history, this £multi-million manufacturing operation has sustained YOY growth and withstood tough economic conditions. This is a testament to employee and customer satisfaction being at the forefront of strategic decisions, which has enabled this organisation to grow from humble beginnings into a UK powerhouse.
If you are an experienced Operations Director, with a track record in managing operations within medium to fast-paced manufacturing organisations, then I have a fantastic role for you. You will have an input into strategic operational decisions and have complete autonomy to initiate projects to improve overall costs, efficiencies and output.
The owners of the business recognise some key operational gaps within their business and what they now require is an Operations Director that has worked in a fast-paced and high-volume manufacturing business, with the strength of character to make incremental gains across the site.
The Operation Director’s role will be as follows:
- To manage operations profitably and efficiently as well as the day to day operations
- Responsible for managing all departments related to production, planning, engineering, H&S, CI, logistics and warehouse
- You will play an integral part in setting and executing operations and business strategies to support the next phase of growth via the operations team
- Direct management of up to 150 staff to include both permanent and agency/contract labour
- To set team targets and to ensure your Managers teams achieve set KPI’s
- To lead and support your senior management team and to actively introduce, promote a lean and continuous improvement culture will be a key aspect of your role
- Improve on current operational KPI’s and to look at ways in which the business can save on labour, time and money by introducing lean and continuous improvement practices
- Outline cost savings and lean improvements that will deliver YOY improvements
- Outline ways in which the site can reduce waste, improve yield, improve efficiency and working methods and practices
- As the Operations Director, you will be responsible for ensuring H&S across the site and to ensure maximum optimisation across the different manufacturing departments
The ideal Operations Director will have a combination of the following:
- Experienced Operations Director, Factory Director, Manufacturing Director or Plant Director type background
- Must have worked in a medium or fast-paced engineering or manufacturing environment
- A proven and evident track record in lean and continuous improvement
- Data-driven and high financial acumen
- A suitable engineering qualification
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Can work in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Dynamic, driven, determined, decisive and self-confidence are key traits you must demonstrate
You will be rewarded with a fantastic remuneration package with full autonomy to drive operational changes as you see fit. As the Operations Director, you will already hold a senior position within the company however, there will be opportunities for you to expand the role further over the next five years.
How to apply:
Please click “apply” or for further information, please contact Ajay Bhella at ATA Recruitment in Leicester on 01162167000 or 07827918324, or alternatively, please email me an up to date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and General Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.