- £100,000 - £150,000 basic salary
- Incentive plan – 25%
- Car allowance £7,500
- Pension – 8% employer contribution
- Employee stock purchase plan and LTIP options
- Life assurance and family health care cover
- 25 days’ leave + public holidays
ATA Search is working for a multi-site and £multi-million manufacturing business supplying a range of chemically processed products to various market sectors. Boasting sales of over £100m, they are highly profitable and driven by strategic growth both organic and through acquisition.
Well established and identified as a market leader in their field, this company sets the standard by employee satisfaction, excellent customer service and providing a product that is unrivalled by their competition.
Employee engagement is key to their success with a low staff turnover and loyal workforce. Aside from this, the group is driven by sustainability and improvement projects significantly reducing their carbon footprint and energy consumption.
As a result of a restructure within the business, this company is looking to recruit a strategic but hands-on Operations Director to lead all operational activities whilst working closely with the Board of Directors.
Ideal expertise related to industrial chemicals, paints, foam, plastics, lubricants or other chemical related backgrounds will be highly advantageous, where you will need to establish yourself as a credible leader with the gravitas to drive the business in line with the overall group strategy.
For further information on this confidential assignment, please email an up-to-date CV and contact number to email@example.com
- Manage a unionised operation with overall responsibility and accountability for the performance of the manufacturing and warehouse facility
- Technically and operationally understand the manufacturing processes to be able to support the business about problem-solving, operational improvements and development towards working to the future
- Lead projects related to employee engagement, succession planning and futureproofing the organisation
- Overall accountability for your senior leadership team and up to 250 staff across multiple sites
- Manage day to day activities around technical changes, material, engineering, flow and continuous improvement
- Day to day management and the performance of the plant and technical improvements via regular team engagement
- Manage the business against operational KPI’s and ensure they are met and exceeded - Output, scrap, customer satisfaction, cost per unit, manufactured goods vs plan and OTD (on-time delivery)
- Actively engaged in team-based practical problem-solving issues and support the team related to quality, material, machine downtime etc. and ensuring corrective actions are executed
- Budget management – Managing labour and materials for the factories
- Manage the material supply chain, cost components, material usage and warehouse
- Actively involved in strategic business discussions and reporting directly to the Board of Directors
- An operations type background either as an Operations Director, Manufacturing Director, Production Director, Plant Director, Factory Director or General Manager
- Experienced in working in a process manufacturing environment where there is a chemical engineering aspect
- Ideal sectors such as chemical paints, plastic, foam manufacturing, industrial lubricants etc.
- A suitable qualification - BSc/BA in business administration, engineering, science, or relevant field; MSc/MA
- A hands-on and strategic individual with a history in leadership management, employee engagement and change management
- An expert and track record in executing lean and continuous improvement projects
- Collaborative, democratic and someone who can command authority
You will have full autonomy to manage the department as you see fit. As a stock listed business that are driven by growth, there will be numerous opportunities for you to progress within the larger group.
How to apply:
Please click “apply” or for further information or please contact Ajay Bhella at ATA Search by emailing an up-to-date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
ATA Search specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and General Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation