Principal Software Engineer
- £45,000 - £50,000
- Company bonus based on profit – 15%
- Pension matched up to 9% contribution + life assurance + health care
- 25 days’ leave + 8 Bank Holidays
- Immediate start available
I am proud to be representing this business which has a clear and strategic growth plan and perceived as a market leader within their field. If you are an experienced Principal Software Engineer, experienced in software design or computer software written to control machines or devices within an engineering or manufacturing environment then I am interested in speaking with you.
This role will provide the ideal Principal Software Engineer with a varied and challenging opportunity with a healthy mix of software design as well as leading a small but highly experienced team.
This £multi-million manufacturing organisation is experiencing a rapid phase of growth. This has been geared around them being able to maintain a market-leading status by providing cutting edge, innovative and unique product offerings whilst focussing heavily on customer service. As a result of recent growth, they are now recruiting a Principal Software Engineer to join the business.
If you are interested in this role or you would like to have a confidential call, please click “apply” or email a CV to email@example.com
The role of the Principal Software Engineers role will be as follows:
- Responsible for leading all software engineering activities within the team
- Designing, testing, debugging, installing and commissioning computer software
- 15% of your time will be to lead a team of four Software Engineers and Embedded Engineers
- Responsible for their 1-2-1’s, appraisals, objective setting, performance management and resource planning
- 85% of your time will be spent hands-on managing up to 12 software design projects at any one time
- Programming in C# (sharp) and C++ for legacy products
- You will design using hardware communication protocols such as RS-232, Ethernet and USB
- Using Bugzilla for reporting and resolving software design issues
- Develop concept software specifications for future products
- Develop a wide range of software applications ranging from standalone packages to fully integrated machine solutions
- Enhance C# software knowledge into the business
The ideal Principal Software Engineer will have a combination of the following:
- Experienced Software Design Engineer or Principal Software Engineer within an engineering or manufacturing environment
- A suitable qualification in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or related
- Advanced in-depth knowledge of C, C++, C #, HTML and XML software language
- Based or commutable to Buckinghamshire
You will be rewarded with a fantastic remuneration package with a strong technical and commercial input within the role. You will be pivotal in providing technical expertise to customers, internal engineering teams as well and the senior management team.
Often you join companies where you are sold an opportunity that doesn’t materialise, well it’s not the case with this client as a large proportion of their recruitment activities is as a result of retirement or promotion.
How to apply:
Please click “apply” or for further information, please contact Ajay Bhella at ATA Recruitment and email me an up to date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and General Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.