Process Department Manager
- £50,000 - £60,000
- Company bonus
- Car or car allowance negotiable
- Matched pension
- 25 days’ leave + 8 Bank Holidays
- Life insurance
Location: Derby, Derbyshire
Commutable from: Leicestershire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Loughborough, Burton-On-Trent, Ashby, Coalville, Tamworth, Swadlincote or Lichfield
My client is a specialist manufacturing business that sells, design, manufacture, build, install, project manage and commission large-scale process plant equipment for both new factories and retrofit projects. With their in-house engineering team, they offer electrical, automation and mechanical engineering services whilst supplying total turnkey solutions to their customers.
Boasting blue-chip clients and regarded as one of the UK’s top two players within their respective field, my client specialises in providing turnkey solutions where they will design & manufacture full factory solutions. This multi-million-pound business boasts annual sales of more than £15 million, and they have a strategic plan to organically grow by 10% year on year.
The company are a true investor in people and can offer fantastic training as well as support for further education. If you are an experienced Process Department Manager or a Lead Process Engineer who has led or managed Process Engineering Teams, then please contact me on the details below for a confidential call.
For further information and a confidential call please email a CV to email@example.com and a suitable contact number for me to reach you.
The role of the Process Department Manager will be:
- Reporting to the Engineering Director, 30% of your time will be spent managing the department and the team and the remaining 70% of your time will be spent hands-on completing process design and managing projects of various sizes from £50,000 to £1m+
- Playing an active role in the delivery of process designs and process design projects
- Professionally manage the Process Engineering Department, providing leadership, technical support and guidance where necessary
- Develop and monitor departmental standards, procedures, objectives and targets
- Develop and implement new process engineering software packages and tools
- Manage Process Engineering resource allocation to provide adequate and appropriate support with all project and tendering requirements including the control of sub-contract labour
- Develop process engineering solutions for projects from quotations through to commissioning
- Complete and take responsibility for accurate costing of all process engineering elements of a project in conjunction with the proposals team
- Ensure all project work conforms to ISO 9001:2015 and Project Lifecycle Procedures
- Carry out technical discussions and design reviews with project teams, Customers, Sub Contractors and Suppliers
- Value engineer process designs to maintain competitiveness
- Liaise with the Customer to create an overall process design from initial concepts
The ideal Process Department Manager will have a combination of the following:
- An experienced Process Department Manager or a Lead Process Engineer with a track record of leading and managing teams
- The ideal applicant will have a track record working in a process environment such as hygienic, food, drink, dairy, brewing, brewery, distillery, water, pharmaceutical, energy-to-waste or related
- Experienced in producing P&ID flow diagrams and chemical calculations
- Must have an engineering/chemical qualification
- Based or willing to relocate to the Derbyshire region
How to apply:
Please click “apply” or for further information, please contact Ajay Bhella by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and General Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.