A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Process Engineer in the Birmingham area. As Process Engineer, you will be responsible for assisting the Operations team with improving productivity and efficiency by identifying and successfully introducing new capital equipment, utilising data to drive improvements to existing processes and applying problem solving techniques to close out quality and efficiency issues. They buy back used or unusable composite material and recycle it for the Rail, Automotive and aerospace material.
Salary circa £31,000 – 40,0000 benefits and Training
Monday- Friday Days
General Description / Purpose of Role: This Process engineer role involves responsibility for the development and optimization of manufacturing processes for our client, for the purposes of reducing cost, improving throughput and reducing variability. This will include optimizing processes on current manufacturing equipment; investigation of potential modifications to current equipment to provide improved performance in the areas mentioned.
Responsibilities for Process Engineer role
- · Investigation and optimization of processing parameters for each of the manufacturing processes, with respect to maximizing throughput, minimizing cost and reducing variability.
- · Technical input on all process engineer related capital projects.
- · Project management of selected process related capital projects.
- · Input into continuous improvement initiatives —waste reduction, cost reduction, productivity improvement.
- · Leading Six Sigma activities within
- · Serving as the lead technical person for process safety / process hazard assessments.
- · Investigating and advising on new equipment and processes to support expansion
Degree in chemical engineering, mechanical engineering or a similar subject.
Minimum Previous Experience:
Knowledge and experience in the areas of process safety, including process hazard
assessment / process safety assessment.
Demonstrable experiences of commissioning new process plant;
Experience of capital projects management.
Minimum Additional Training:
- Salary - £31K - 40K
- Will look at candidates who are in engineering roles and want to step up into leadership in the future.
- Company pension plan available.
- Continuous progression opportunities and training available.