Assistant Welding Quality Technician – Derbyshire
£20-25 p/h (Umbrella)
3 months’ minimum contract (Realistic chance of extension)
This business is a specialist manufacturer working in the food, beverage, chemical and health and beauty markets. They work with an array of high calibre clients. As well as working with globally recognised companies this client has been steadily increasing in turnover and profit every year. They are now looking to hire a Quality Engineer for an immediate start.
The Assistant Quality Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Undertaking Borescope, XRF and dye penetrant inspections
- Chasing materials certification
- Vessel weld mapping
- Good receiving and incoming inspection and confirmation of EN10204 3.1 materials certification
- Collation of the Vessel’s Technical Construction File (TCF) or ‘Data Dossier’ under the Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) including technical specification, essential safety requirements, declaration of conformity and materials traceability.
- Overseeing hydrotesting / producing pressure test certificates
- Calibration and certification of pressure gauges
- Calibration and certification of breathing apparatus for confined space entry
The Assistant Engineer must possess the following skills to be considered for this role:
- Experienced Dye penetrant trained would be advantageous
- Must show experience in this type of role, particularly PED and data collection.
- Experience in a related process industry including food, brewing, pharmaceutical, O&G, chemical and petrochemical
- Can communicate well with managers and workers on the shop floor
- Hard working, punctual and reliable
- MS Excel and Office
The benefits of this position:
- Competitive hourly rates
- Immediate start
- Potential for long term extension
To be considered for this role please either hit the 'Apply' button on this site or email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ATA Recruitment specialise in Technical and Electrical Engineering, so if this particular role is not for you, please do have a look on our website for further potential opportunities which may suit your skills and experience better - If you have the skill, we have the recruitment knowledge and together we can find you your perfect job! -
You must be eligible to live and work within the UK. Sponsorship is not provided.
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.