Proposals Engineer (Electrical & Control Systems)
£40,000 – 50,000 + Agile Working + Flexible Holiday Policy
ATA Recruitment are working exclusively with a leading process engineering business who run multi-million-pound turnkey process engineering projects for the food, beverage, distillery and pharmaceutical markets. We are currently supporting the business in the recruitment of a Senior Proposals Engineer who will be responsible putting together the tenders and proposals for the projects the company are bidding for whilst also taking the lead on the process design work required for projects at bid stage.
The business turns over £80 million and deliver projects through design, equipment procurement and installation for customers in the UK, USA and Asia predominantly. The UK business is part of a European group of companies with a turnover more than €350 million. The company have very ambitious growth plans and expect to be a £100 million business by 2023 and have grown incredibly from a £25 million business five years ago.
They are a true engineering business employing engineers across process design, mechanical design, controls and automation, electrical engineering, and project engineering. The business offers their customers consultancy services and full turnkey project management services with many of their customers being blue chip global FMCG companies which a testament to the first-class service they offer.
The Proposals Engineer (Electrical & Control Systems) is responsible for putting together the proposed controls system for project enquiries and building up the proposed costs for all the hardware and PLC Programming resource required to deliver the project. Once an enquiry for a project that requires automation, your role then involves:
- Customer visitS alongside sales to gather an understanding of what automation & controls solution is needed and how it will be integrated
- Specifying which controls hardware will be needed for the system – which PLCs will be used, which HMI system, how many I/O are in the system, how many MCCs will be needed
- Establishing how many person hours will be needed for the programming work for the project
- Going out for quote for costs for the PLCs, HMIs, MCCs and any other controls hardware needed for the project
- Build these two costs together into a proposal for the customer
- Develop the schematic drawing to show how the PLC and all HMI/PLC devices will work within the project
- Potentially develop more than one proposal based around different scenarios and cost implications to give customers options
- Presenting the proposed controls and automation solution to the customer to help them understand technically how it will work
- Create written content for the proposal about the control system
Bids could range from 50k feed studies up to 10 million full turnkey projects. More complex bids could take a month or two to bring through to completion.
My client is looking for a Proposals Engineer (Electrical & Control Systems) with:
- Some exposure/understanding of PLC’s
- A supporting engineering qualification
- Any awareness of P&ID’s would be beneficial but not essential
- A team player who can build strong relationships with others
- A keen interest in a client facing role is crucial for this position
For this Proposals Engineer (Electrical & Control Systems) role you will receive:
- £40,000 – 50,000
- Flexible working hours policy
- Agile working (three days in the office, two days at home)
- Company Contributory Pension Scheme
- 33 Days Holiday To Use Flexibly Across the year (3 day shutdown over Christmas, you can work bank holidays and use the holiday day elsewhere)
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation