Territory: UK and Ireland and after 2 years this will include worldwide travel (20% of the time)
Your location: Home-based either West Midlands, East Midlands, Central England, East Anglia, London and Home Counties or South East England
- £50,000 - £55,000
- Fully expenses company car
- Company bonus based on profit c£10,000
- Pension (up to 6% matched) + life assurance + healthcare
- 25 days’ leave (rising to 30) + 8 Bank Holidays
- Immediate start available
Are you an experienced new business Sales Manager looking to work for an automotive system manufacturing business? If so, I have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic sales professional to work for a company that is at the forefront of providing cutting edge capital systems, which plays an integral part in the automotive manufacturing process. Having successfully recruited over 22 Engineers within this company, I can honestly say that one of their strengths is people development and allowing staff to become multi-talented.
Although the automotive sector is experiencing some challenges, my client has been able to withstand tough market conditions and this is a testament to the relationships they have built with the likes of Ford, General Motors and JLR. Furthermore, they are expanding their product portfolio to move with the times where they will provide systems not only for combustion engines however, electrically powered vehicles.
If you are an experienced Sales Manager or a new business focussed Business Development Manager looking for a new and exciting career, then please call Ajay Bhella at ATA Recruitment on 01162167000 for a confidential call to learn more about my client.
The role of the Sales Manager will be as follows:
- Reporting to the Sales Director you will spend 1 day per week in the office and 4 days per week on the road visiting customers face to face
- 80% of your time will be spent customer-facing establishing current or future projects as well as a sales pipeline
- Selling a range of bespoke capital machines directly into the automotive OEM and automotive Tier 1 & 2 customers
- Prospecting for new business with Automotive OEM’s and Tier 1 & 2 suppliers and building long-term relationships
- 80% of your time will be spent in the UK and 20% overseas in Europe and ROW
- Building strategic relationships with key decision-makers within each company
- Understanding current and up and coming vehicle build programmes capital expenditure budgets
- Site tours to understand automotive manufacturing processes, process capabilities and machine performance requirements
- Obtaining RFQ’s & RFI’s, and provide commercial & technical support during the tender process
- Create proposals & costed quotations and to manage the client throughout the bid process via the Proposals Team
- Price & contract negotiation and selling aftersales services & support contracts
- Closeout the sale and network for new business
To be successful for the Sales Manager’s role you will need:
- A proven track record in selling complex products into the automotive market sector – Sales Manager, Business Development Manager or Technical Sales type background
- A suitable engineering qualification – mechanical or electrical
- A full EU driving licence and willing to travel both in the UK and some cases, overseas
- A dynamic, results-orientated and new business-orientated sales professional
- Fantastic onboarding program
- Excellent remuneration package
- Complete autonomy to drive sales – you can set, dictate and deploy your own sales strategy
- Lots of opportunities to progress & develop
- Support for external training courses and further education
How to apply:
Please click “apply” or for further information, please contact Ajay Bhella at ATA Recruitment in Leicester on 01162167000 or 07827918324, or please email me an up to date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and General Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.