Overview of the Role
Salary- £40,000 - £45,000
Hours - 40-hour week (Monday to Friday)
ATA Recruitment are delighted to be recruiting for a Senior Buyer position for Corby
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU! Senior Buyer
Plenty of training and support with a large business.
You will be working for an extremely well-established business that is always inventing and refining their technology
Career progression if you want it – senior leadership training.
YOUR NEW EMPLOYER – Senior Buyer
Our client specialises in the manufacturing of a variety of products for the Automotive market. They are looking to recruit a Senior Buyer to work in their automated production facility in Corby. Building on decades of industry expertise, they use state of the art design and manufacturing facilities to provide first-class adaptive engineering solutions for an extensive range of OEMs and major first tier automotive organisations. Due to regular expansion, there are many opportunities for progression for the right candidate and lots of opportunity for training.
The role –
- What are the main responsibilities?
- Purchase goods, materials, components, or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
- Responsible for commercial dealings with suppliers and supporting the Commercial Director in making key commercial decisions
- To support in managing the procurement and expediting of established production and prototype parts within all functions of the business including the Office, Electronics, Trim Shop, Production, and low volume manufacturing, including ad hoc scheduled parts
- Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers
- Responsible for negotiating short-term transactional relationships and long-term strategic contracts with suppliers. Negotiate contracts, improved prices, and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
- Will be required to think and act with strong commercial awareness and will use this skill across all functions of the business in an assertive yet professional manner
- Prepare, define and execute innovative purchasing strategies in order to deliver the required value
- Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of needed products and materials and advise others of any impact on the business
- Manage supplier relationships and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement activities
What are we looking for? Senior Buyer
Strong sense of 'business acumen' and analytical skills
Experience in supplier relationship management, negotiations and cost down activities
MRP/ERP system experience
Desirable-CIPS Degree Qualified.
Negotiation and implementation of service agreements with key suppliers
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation