Senior Electrical Engineer
£40,000 - £55,000 + £4,300 Car Allowance + 50% Uplift on salary when overseas on projects
My client is a process engineering specialist who design and manufacture turnkey process solutions for clients in the food, beverage, pharmaceutical and materials handling amongst other industries. The company have a trading history that dates back over 200 years and a senior management and directorship team who are all home grown from within the business.
The company employs more than 300 staff of which over 150 are employed in professional engineering roles (many of whom are chartered engineers) across software, process, electrical and mechanical disciplines. The company are experienced huge growth in capital projects won and have grown from £25 million to £80 million in a four-year period with plans to be a £100 million business by 2024.
Due to their expansion, they are looking to recruit Electrical Engineers and Senior Electrical Engineers to their rapidly expanding electrical engineering division. This is a great opportunity to join a growing business who can offer career progression and exciting projects that you will be involved in from concept to completion.
After project has been won & a P&ID is created by the process design team, the Electrical Engineering team will then be responsible for the electrical aspects on projects. The role will involve:
- Creating the electrical design required for the system.
- Sizing all the electrical system required including cable sizing and motor sizing.
- Creating single line diagrams, create cable schedules and layout for the electrical installation.
- Creating specifications for the electrical installation and controls panels and instrumentation required for projects and put these specifications out for tender with suppliers.
- Managing the suppliers for electrical equipment being procured for projects to ensure it is ready to go to site in time for installation and has been manufactured to specification.
- Managing and overseeing the suppliers building the control panels for the project – visit the supplier, invite the customer to the visit to ensure they are happy. Organise factory acceptance and functional testing for the panels once they are manufactured.
- Overseeing the electrical installation contractors carrying out the installation work and troubleshooting any issues during this process.
- Mentoring and guiding more junior and graduate electrical engineers on projects
To be successful in your application for the Senior Electrical Engineer roles you will need:
- An electrical engineering qualification of HNC, HND or Degree.
- To be able to carry out electrical cable calculations
- To be interested in running electrical engineering projects from cradle to grave
- To be happy to travel to site to oversee the installation and commissioning phases of projects
- An interest or previous experience in mentoring younger Engineers is crucial for this role as the passing on of knowledge is taken very seriously by the company
- £40,000 – 55,000
- Or £4,300 car allowance (dependent upon experience)
- 50% uplift on salary when overseas for more than two weeks at a time on projects
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation