Role – Shift Leader
Location – Northampton
Salary – £35,000 – £38,000 + 25 days holiday + 7% employer pension contribution + lie insurance
Shift Pattern – 3 shift – Monday to Friday (6-2, 2-10, 10-6)
ATA Recruitment are currently working with an extremely successful manufacturing business that supply many parts and components to the Automotive sector. They have been established in the UK for nearly 30 years and generate an impressive £25million, working alongside some of the biggest names in automotive they are continuously trying to improve and better themselves as we company.
The production team currently employs around 60 people, who are responsible for operating the injection moulding machinery ensuring an running the shop floor to ensure production targets are met. They are currently looking for a motivated shift leader who will lead and mentor around 17 operators and machine setters ensuring safe working and excellent performance.
If you are a driven shift leader who has previous experience working within a fast-paced manufacturing environment and have excellent leadership skills, apply now for immediate consideration!
The role of Shift Leader will involve:
- Leading a shift of around 17 people (Cell Leaders, Setters and Operators)
- Working on a three-shift pattern (6/2, 2/10, 10/6) this will rotate on a 2 weeks pattern.
- Managing around 18 injection moulding machines.
- Motivate and engage the shop floor in order to hit production targets.
- Encourage staff to identify continuous improvement opportunities in order to improve processes further.
- Ensure safe working on site.
- Work closely with the quality department and other managers within the business to identify any issues that could affect on time delivery.
- Attending daily production meetings.
- Work with different departments to implement continuous improvement projects.
To be successful as a Shift Leader you will need:
- Previous experience within a shift leader position.
- This experience must be from a fast-paced engineering/manufacturing environment.
- Experience with injection moulding would be advantageous.
- Motivated and driven by continuous improvement.
In this highly autonomous role, you will be rewarded with:
- A very competitive basic salary including shift allowance, attractive pension and life insurance
- Training and development in a progressive manufacturing environment
- The opportunity for career progression and subject to delivering results the possibility to progress into a future managerial role
How to apply:
Please click “apply” or for further information, please contact Ajay Bhella at ATA Recruitment in Leicester on 01162167000 or 07827918324, or alternatively, please email me an up to date copy of your CV to email@example.com
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and General Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.