Welding Quality Technician – Derbyshire
£30 - £34 p/h (Umbrella)
3 months’ minimum contract (Realistic chance of extension)
ASME experience is essential - ASME 8 div 1 or PD5500
This business is a specialist manufacturer working in the food, beverage, chemical and health and beauty markets. They work with an array of high calibre clients. As well as working with globally recognised companies this client has been steadily increasing in turnover and profit every year. They are now looking to hire a Quality Engineer for an immediate start.
The Quality Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Responsibility for the quality of all the vessels and pipework that is produced on site
- Management of insurance company (ASME/PD5500) inspection relationship
- Scheduling key inspections by Authorised Inspectors (AIs) during vessel build
- Co-ordination of X-Ray and non-destruction tests
- Undertaking Borescope, XRF and dye penetrant inspections
- Co-ordination of push and burst destructive testing from heat exchangers and type approvals
- Working with the Quality department you will be completing all documentation required for the technical manuals
- Documents will include the following – Technical specifications, essential safety requirements and material traceability
- You will be liaising with all ASME Quality Inspectors and engineers and co ordinating any X ray or NDT documents
- Documents such as welding qualification records and training records will also be required to be kept up to date
- You will need to be proactive and be able to identify any issues with the materials and plan in any required checks
The Quality Engineer must possess the following skills to be considered for this role:
- Experienced Quality Assurance Engineer
- ASME experience is essential - ASME 8 div 1 or PD5500
- Knowledge and exposure in vessels, pipework and other ancillary equipment
- Experience in a related process industry including food, brewing, pharmaceutical, O&G, chemical and petrochemical
- Can communicate well with managers and workers on the shop floor
- Hard working, punctual and reliable
The benefits of this position:
- Competitive hourly rates
- Immediate start
- Potential for long term extension
To be considered for this role please either hit the 'Apply' button on this site or email your CV directly to email@example.com.
You must be eligible to live and work within the UK. Sponsorship is not provided.
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.