CALLING ALL EX-FORCES ENGINEERS!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a mult skilled candidate who is either leaving, or who has recently left, the Armed Forces to join a well established company based in Corby that works with world leading material handling brands.
Workshop/Heavy Plant Engineer
Monday – Friday
£24-£28,000k +Overtime available
My client is looking for a brand new addition to the team. This is a new role for the business due to growth and success this year. They are going from strength to strength with turnover increasing by 7 million in the past 2 years and still expected to rise again. This is a fantastic business to join and every candidate we have placed has given nothing but positive feedback. They will put you through training courses and work with you to develop core skills. This would be a great opportunity for someone who would like to work for a business who truly care for their employees.
As an Workshop/Heavy Plant Engineer you will:
- To carry out refurbishments, pre delivery inspection and repairs on all types of plant machinery.
- You will be working on a multi skilled basis but ultimately having mechanical engineering experience is key. Electrically you will be fault finding on the equipment using a multimeter through to faulty components and wiring up new electrical parts such as looms and lights. Mechanical components include hydraulics, pneumatics, bearings, rollers, gearboxes and shafts. Parts would need to be swapped like for like or fitted on to brand new products.
- Agree all repairs with the Preparation Manager after initial inspection.
- Ensure all machinery has a valid Thorough Examination certificate before leaving site.
- Inspection of hire equipment, identification of any faults or damage and completing paperwork of approximate costs for customer.
- Working alone on your own initiative
- Keeping working clean, tidy and to a high standard of health and safety.
To be successful in your application you must have the following skills or attributes:
- It would be advantageous to hold a NVQ Level 3 or City and Guilds within Engineering or plant / vehicle maintenance
- To hold experience working on plant machinery / Yellow Goods / vehicles / FLT’s / HGV’s
- Must be able to work alone and use own initiative
- To be well organised and be able to plan own workload
- Good commutation skills with managements and customers
If you require more information please contact Aimee O’Shaughnessy on 07522239944 or email me firstname.lastname@example.org
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.