Job Title – HGV Workshop Manager
Location – Leicester
Salary - £40k - £45k, plus benefits
Hours of Work – Mon to Fri (Days)
Our client is one of the Midlands largest recycling companies. With site across both the East and West Midlands, their purpose built sites can handle any form of recyclable waste. Their Leicester site processes 300,000 tonnes of mixed waste a year, with only 2.5% of this going to Landfill.
The site houses a fully automated sortation, grading, shredding, washing and bailing systems all feed by a range of manual handling equipment including Forklifts, telehandlers and light yellow goods vehicles. Thanks to the continued growth of the business, they now require a new Fleet Engineering Manager to join their team.
The HGV Workshop Manager be required to perform the following duties:
- Oversee day to day running of the HGV Workshop and HGV Technicians.
- Manage Materials Handling Workshop and Service Techs.
- Ensure all services are compliant with current VOSA Regs.
- Management to procurement of new vehicles when required.
- Ensure all Vehicles meet relevant safety standards.
- Manage Engineering budgets including new vehicles, stocks and spares.
- Liaise with 3rd party equipment suppliers for replacement and new plant.
- Organising internal and external training of staff as required.
- Ensure rotas are completed to ensure full staffing on every shift.
- Recruitment, Appraisals, 1-2-1s and Disciplinaries.
To be successful in your application you must have the following skills or attributes:
- Must have previously managed an HGV workshop.
- Must have be up to date with current VOSA regulations.
- Must have excellent technical knowledge around the Servicing of HGVs.
ATA Recruitment is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
ATA Recruitment specialise in recruiting the best technical and engineering talent and providing complete workforce solutions to help build and maintain infrastructure and transportation for a wide range of UK clients - for more opportunities like this one, visit our website
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.