Automation Engineer (Siemens/TIA Portal)
Shift – Days, Afternoons and Nights (8 hours, 1 week of each rotating)
£40,000 plus paid overtime, pension, and excellent training
As one of the globes most instantly recognisable brands in the logistics market this business continues to flourish. With sites all over the world, this multibillion-dollar turnover company is having to constantly open new facilities to keep up with demand. As part of their growth strategy for 2020 my client is looking for an Automation Engineer to join the team in preparation for a new site launch. This site has the latest technology and for any maintenance engineer looking for an opportunity to work on start of the art equipment this would be an ideal move.
As an Automation Engineer you will be the PLC expert in the team working on the controls for a wide variety of bespoke conveyors, automated loading and unloading systems and associated equipment. You will be responsible for:
- Allocation of all controls, mechanical and electrical maintenance jobs to the team.
- All PLC fault finding on shift (Siemens/TIA Portal).
- Interrogation of the Siemens/TIA Portal control systems via a laptop, also uploading and downloading programmes where required
- PPM activity on equipment – this is carried out during the day whilst the system isn’t operational.
- Reactive breakdown support on equipment – during sortation hours
- Walking the system to continuously assess and address any ongoing issues.
- Resolving any mechanical or electrical issues within the system when faults occur.
The successful Automation Engineer will need:
- Either a full electrical or mechanical engineering apprenticeship or a level 3 qualification
- To be able to interrogate and fault find Siemens PLC Control Systems with a laptop.
- A passion for automation and control systems.
The successful Automation Engineer can expect first in class training on the site’s equipment, PLC’s and controls as well as on-going development. Guaranteed job security as you’ll be working in one of the UK’s fastest growing sectors. Excellent medium- and long-term prospects as the business actively promotes from within.
Please give click apply or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website