Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Up to £40,000 PA + S/A
Monday to Friday – 6am – 2pm / 2pm – 10pm
All PPE supplied
I am working with a local Northampton business who have been established in the area since the 50’s. They are still going from strength to strength and have recently had new semi-automatic machinery installed within a new facility to ensure they meet customer demand. You can expect to work in a close-knit team of 6 with others who have an average service length of 10 years+ each. You will be the go-to Electrical team member on site and will need to commutate well with others and work well within a team. This is a heavy industry manufacture so if you have worked in that environment before or would be keen to get into a new environment then this is the role for you.
Working on this state-of-the-art equipment your focus as an Electrical Maintenance Engineer will be to carry out all the planned and reactive electrical work required at site. This will include CNC machines, Welding robots, paint spraying equipment and powder coating machinery. Your role will involve:
- For the first few months you will shadow of one the senior maintenance engineers at site before moving onto your shift.
- Electrical work including fault finding and dealing with issues with electrical components such as relays, inverters, PLCs, safety systems, AC/DC, and sensors.
- Replacing motors.
- PLC Fault finding
- Carrying out planned electrical checks on components on site.
- Across the two shifts at site there are six maintenance engineers and you will have two mechanical maintenance engineers working with you on shift.
- Adhering to H&S policies.
- Implementing 5S and Lean manufacturing processes.
The ideal Electrical Maintenance Engineer role will need:
- An electrical qualification to level 3 or equivalent
- Experience as maintenance engineer in an engineering or manufacturing environment.
The successful Electrical Maintenance Engineer can expect full training and on-going skills development, the business actively encourages attainment of extra qualifications and external training courses.
If you’re interested please apply online, send your CV to Hayley.firstname.lastname@example.org
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation