Electronic Design Engineer
£30,000 – 45,000 + 5% Bonus + Up to 7% Pension
I have a unique and rewarding opportunity for an Electronics Design Engineer who wants a position where their work has a real impact on the future of the world.
My client is a £60 million business who design and develop a wide range of products for the education sector. Many of these products are designed for children in the early years of their education, are interactive and require electronic systems for them to function.
The company are constantly developing new products and work very closely with electronics manufacturing businesses to help bring these new products to life before they go to market. I am currently looking for an Electronic Design Engineer to join the company on their growth journey who would be excited to work in a role where you can be involved in new product development for products that really make a difference.
The Electronic Design Engineer will work on new product development to ensure the electronic design and feasibility of this design is viable before working with sub contract electronics manufacturers to bring the product to life. The Product Development team for the business are constantly discussing ideas that customers want and will come to you when there’s an idea they want to develop. Your role will involve:
- Specifying the electronic components required for the PCB for the product i.e – resistors, capacitors, surface mount technology.
- Creating the PCB Layout for the product.
- Providing outline costing feedback on the design to ensure it is commercially viable.
- Liaising and working closely with sub-contract electronics manufacturers to create PCB prototypes.
- Auditing sub-contract manufacturers on the quality of the work done.
- Reverse engineering legacy products to understand how electronics can be developed for upgrades
- Identifying issues with any products customers return - fault finding using test equipment to identify issue and carrying out any re-design work if needed.
To be successful in your application for this Electronic Design Engineer role you will need:
- An electronics qualification.
- Experience in an electronic design or development role.
- A passion for product development.
- An inquisitive mind.
- To want a broad role that covers a wide range of responsibilities.
- £30,000 – 45,000
- Up to 7% Company Pension
- A growing business.
- Up to 5% Bonus Scheme
- Agile working – 2 days from home per week.
If you’re interested please apply online, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.