Sector expertise required – Electrical power distribution but not limited to MCCs (motor control centres), LV (low voltage), MV (medium voltage), HV (high voltage), switchboards, control panels, switchgear, load banks or anything power distribution related
- £65,000 - £80,000
- Car allowance £6,500
- Company bonus
- Pension (up to 4% matched) + life assurance + healthcare
- 25 days leave + 8 Bank Holidays
- Immediate start available
Location: Derby, Derbyshire
Commutable from; Derby, Nottingham, North Leicester, Loughborough, Burton on Trent, Lichfield, Uttoxeter, Swadlincote, Ashbourne, Melbourne region
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a £multi-million electrical control panel manufacturing business that has a strategic growth plan to organically double its turnover by 2026.
With its history dating back over 30 years, this business has solid foundations and continues to go from strength to strength having improved its new purpose-built manufacturing facility which can handle +35% increased volumes, with the possibility of further expansions at the current site.
Having recruited for the group for several years, I can truly say they are a great investor in their people, they provide excellent training and opportunities for progression. As a result of recent growth and success, they are now looking to recruit an experienced General Manager or someone responsible for both commercial and manufacturing functions within an electrical power distribution manufacturing or service background to join the team and to play an instrumental part in the business achieving their growth targets.
If you are an experienced General Manager, Business Unit Manager, Service Centre Manager or similar from within electrical power distribution and would like to work for a forward-thinking organisation, then please email an up-to-date CV to Ajay Bhella firstname.lastname@example.org
The role of the General Manager will be as follows:
- The responsibilities of the role include formulating an overall sales growth strategy to increase sales
- To take direct ownership of new sales for the first two years and from there, to develop a commercial sales team
- Design and implement strategies and set goals for growth both within existing and new markets
- Introduce strategic new customers and revenue streams
- Lead and manage the team across the manufacturing facility
- Managing all staff members' performance and employee well-being. Oversee recruitment, succession planning and training of employees
- Reporting to the Managing Director, the position contributes to the ongoing development and organizational strategy, policy, and practice of the overall business
- This is a “hands-on” role within a rapidly growing company therefore, you will play an active role in all aspects of the organisation
- Interface with all business managers offering technical support when required
- Oversee efficient day-to-day operations of the office and factory functions including H&S
- Maintain budgets and optimize expenses
- Evaluate and improve operations and financial performance through alternative and new manufacturing techniques
To be successful in the General Managers role you will need:
- A hands-on Manager or Director in roles such as General Manager, Sales Director, Business Unit Manager, Business Unit Director, MD, or Service Centre Manager but not limited to any other experience
- A proven track record in business growth and operations/manufacturing management
- An electrical power distribution type background where it is either service or manufacturing of MCCs (motor control centres), LV (low voltage), MV (medium voltage), HV (high voltage), switchboards, control panels, switchgear, load banks or anything power distribution related products such as Siemens, Schneider or ABB
- A track record of effective leadership of small teams
- Suitable engineering or technical qualification
- Fantastic onboarding program
- Excellent remuneration package
- Autonomy to manage a £multi-million-pound business and spearhead all growth activities
- To play an integral part in this business doubling its turnover over the next three years
How to apply:
Please click “apply” or for further information or please contact Ajay Bhella at ATA Search by emailing an up-to-date copy of your CV to email@example.com
ATA Search specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and General Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and interim basis – For more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation