Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer
£23,000 – 24,000 + £20 Paid O/T + 25 Days Holiday + Stats + Competitive Pension
My client is a well-known and highly regarded engineering company with a history of providing employment within the area for over 200 years. With a team currently consisting of c150 staff, they are experiencing huge growth and are aiming to double their turnover in the next three years.
The company employs 140 staff of which 80 are employed in professional engineering role across software, process, electrical and mechanical disciplines. The company are experiencing huge growth in large-scale projects won and anticipate they will turn over c£70 million in 2021.
The company are looking to recruit a Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer to work closely, alongside a Senior Design Engineer within the manufacturing department.
The Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer in the manufacturing section is responsible for qualifying and proving the mechanical engineering of the products that Briggs manufacture to ensure they are fit for purpose.
The successful Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer will:
- Carry out stress, strain and load calculations, fluid mechanics, and thermodynamic calculations for all the components on a manufactured system to ensure it is for purpose and compliant against relevant design codes
- This is circa 70% of the role and involved carrying out the above type calculations on all the flanges, joints, welds and any other mechanical component that is part of the sub assembly of a tank or vessel
- This will include a mixture of hand calculations, and calculations using specific software
- Some FEA work involved
- Approving drawing work by the design for manufacture team to ensure that tolerances on drawings and the information included on the drawing is correct to design code standards required
To be successful in your application for this Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer vacancy you will need:
- A BEng/Meng in Mechanical Engineering
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong/passionate about working with numbers
- Ideally experienced with calculations including stress, fluid mechanics and thermodynamics
- £23-24,000 per annum
- £20 paid overtime after 37 hours
- 25 Days + 8 Stats
- Competitive Company Pension
- Huge development opportunities including Chartership
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation