Health & Safety Manager
- £38,000 - £43,000
- Matched pension
- 24 days’ leave + 8 Bank Holidays
- Life insurance
- Immediate start available
Location: Northamptonshire, Corby or Kettering region
Are you a Health & Safety Manager looking to work for a forward thinking and growing organisation? Are you a Health & Safety Manager who is seeking to become an instrumental part of a growing engineering/manufacturing business, where you will have complete control of all Health & Safety activities? If so, I have a great opportunity for you.
I am proud to once again be representing this company which specialises in the design and manufacture of specialist engineered products manufactured in-house. Over the past five years, this organisation has doubled their turnover and this is testament to them forging long-term strategic partnerships with key clients and employee engagement.
Having recruited for all departments within this organisation and spoken firsthand to Engineers I have placed, I can honestly say they invest very heavily in providing internal/external training, a structured career path and regular performance reviews to excel you within the business.
The role of the Health & Safety Manager will be as follows:
- Ensure that the Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS) and Environmental Management Systems (EMS) is prepared and implemented in line with the legal and other obligations of the Company and in accordance with the Company’s moral and ethical values
- Promote the development of a positive environmental, health and safety culture through consultation, involvement, communication and collaboration with employees and their representatives on health and safety matters
- Deployment of health & safety and environmental policies, programs, tools, procedures, standards, guidelines and develop manuals
- To ensure all safety systems, policies and procedures are adhered, updated and maintained
- To lead the business transition from OHSAS 18001 to ISO 45001
- Manage and maintain ISO 14001 environmental standard
- Lead all internal audits and internal health, safety and environmental meetings/training
- Manage all accidents, near misses and insurance claims
- Manage and lead all training programmes and initiatives across the three sites
Experience & background required for the role of Health & Safety Manager:
- An experienced Environmental Health & Safety Manager
- Experience in HSE Management Systems ISO 14001 / OHSAS 18001 procedures / ISO 45001 procedures
- The ideal candidate will have worked in an engineering, manufacturing, rail, automotive, aerospace, marine, chemical or a related engineering/manufacturing environment
- You must possess a professional qualification such as National Examination Board of Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) qualification
- Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) membership is preferred
- Possess a full EU driving licence and willing to travel 30% of the time within the Midlands
- Excellent on-boarding programme
- First class training and paid education to enhance your engineering knowledge
- Autonomy to implement new and enhance current HSE policies
- Control of all HSE activities across the business
How to apply:
Please click “apply” or for further information, please contact Ajay Bhella at ATA Recruitment in Leicester on 0116 2167000, or alternatively, please email me an up to date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and General Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.