Job Title: Logistics Engineer
Location: Castle Donnington
Salary: £50,000 + Pension + Benefits
Shifts: Days and Nights - 12 hours shifts
My client is a world leader in the design, manufacture and installation of bespoke automation for the logistics market. They employ over 200 staff in the UK and turnover more than $700 million globally.
The company supply retailers with bespoke automation to automate their logistics processes including conveyors, shuttle systems and automated cranes giving them huge efficiency gains in their warehousing processes. They are looking to employ a Logistics Engineer with immediate effect who will be involved in supporting the site to ensure the WMS system is working effectively, continuously improving the WMS system.
The Logistics Engineer will be responsible for managing issues the customer has on site with the WMS software system.
This will involve:
- Reviewing existing warehouse layouts, developing warehouse layout and infrastructure solutions to satisfy the customers’ requirements.
- Present solutions to customer as required through Continuous Improvement Processes
- To make sure Logistics operations, such as material handling and shipping, work properly and meet customers and my clients specifications, which are measured through key performance indicators.
- Handles all matters to the logistic operations and its machinery such as Incident, Problem and Change Management.
- Working with various programming Languages such as Java, Python, PL/SQL, C++ to help improve the WMS
- Report all issues, faults and problem with strong data analysis.
To be successful in your application for this Logistics Engineer role you will need:
- Some exposure to a production, manufacturing, logistics or warehousing type environment would be a benefit.
- Experience in IT Support, understanding and solving software issues.
- Understanding of Programming languages (Java, Python, PL/SQL, C++)
- Knowledge of WMS and WCS
- To enjoy working with customers.
- A supporting qualification.
If this Logistics Engineer role sounds appealing please apply online or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.