Role – Maintenance Engineer
Salary - £40,000
Overtime –paid at 2.0 and 1.5
Location – Preston
Shift Pattern – Panama shift pattern (06:00-18:00/18:00-06:00)
Pension – Contribution
Do you want to work for one of the world leading materials handling business?
Do you want to work at a state of the art automated logistics site with a huge team of engineers?
I have an opportunity for a Maintenance Engineer to work for one of largest Parcel sortation businesses. The company turns over more than £500 Million.. They have state of the art machines including, conveyor systems, shuttle systems and robotics. Their site in Preston one of the most state of the art automated distribution centres as they have invested over £120 million Which is over 500,000 sq ft.
This company are a true leader in their field, offering excellent employee benefits, fantastic training and a great team to work with. I’m looking for a team player who enjoys the culture of being in a large maintenance team and someone who wants to bring positive energy to the table.
If you have an electrical qualification with experience working in any type of production, manufacturing or warehousing/logistics background then please apply online for immediate consideration.
You will be working with state of the art automation equipment including Conveyors, Robotics, pick and place (Pallet and Tote), Pick to Light Systems, Sortation, Carton Assembly, Strapping, Wrapping, Spiral and Telescopic Conveyors.
Your day to day responsibilities as a Maintenance Engineer will include:
- The planned and reactive maintenance and service of Robotics conveyors at site.
- Working as part of a huge on-site maintenance engineering team of over 110 engineers.
- Mechanically you will mainly be replacing worn out parts on the conveyors which will include rollers, bearings and pulleys.
- Electrical work will include reading through electrical schematics, utilizing electrical test equipment such as multi-meters and fault finding on panels.
- Mainly swapping both electrical and mechanical components like for like with the odd strip and rebuild project,
To be successful in your application for a Maintenance Engineer you will need:
- An electrical qualification
- Maintenance experience in a production, manufacturing or warehousing environment.
- Alternatively, you could be from the Navy, Army or RAF with an electrical qualification.
As a Maintenance Engineer, you should expect:
- You will be joining a highly successful £multi-million company who can offer a massive amount of stability and security.
- Opportunity for progression both technically and working your way up the man management if you want it.
- Fantastic salary and benefits package.
- 6% Contribution