Maintenance Engineer

Location Telford
Job Type Permanent
Salary £39500 - 42000 per year OTE
Liquid error: internal
Reference PDJF0211

Maintenance engineer (electrical bias) – Telford

4 on 4 off days and nights

£39,500 - £42,000 + OT

The company

The company are family run and are leaders within the sector in which they work. They have grown a tremendous amount considering they were established relatively recently in 1991 with a turnover of over £90million. This family run business have obtained massive contracts with 3 of the biggest and leading retailers within this sector. Lots of training and development available for the right candidate.

The role

As a Maintenance Engineer on this site you will be working on planned and reactive maintenance for a wide range of equipment including conveyors, bagging machines, optical inspection equipment, vertical filling machines, weighing equipment and metal detectors.

  • 60% electrical work with the remainder being mechanical (40%)

  • Working on, but limited to, sensors, relays, control panels, conveyors

  • Fault finding through several methods inclusive of following drawings

  • Planned preventative maintenance (PPM) and reactive work

  • Repairing and replacing like for like

  • Electrical work including – fault finding, repairing sensors, photocell, cables and replacing motors and inverters

  • Mechanical work including issues with drive belts wearing on conveyors, planned maintenance (all equipment on a 12-week schedule)

  • Walking the machinery at the start of shift to talk about any issues with operators

  • Reactive maintenance work mainly on the morning shift.

  • Carried out planned maintenance activities

About you

The ideal maintenance engineer will be:

  • In possession of an engineering qualification

  • Multi skilled and able to have a slight bias electrically

  • Experience and time served as an engineer within a similar industry/environment

  • Able and willing to work in a hardworking, fast paced environment

  • Wanting a challenging and team working environment

The Benefits

For this Maintenance Engineer role you will receive:

  • £39,500 - 42500

  • 5% Pension

  • Support and training until you ready to move onto shifts.

  • The opportunity to work for a company investing millions in automation for its future.

If you think you are the right multiskilled maintenance engineer for this market leader, please press apply, call Joe Foster on 07701326339, or email your CV to joe.foster@ata-recruitment.co.uk  

ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.  

By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.

ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation

Job expired