Electrical Maintenance Engineer
£36,000 - £38,000 Overtime, pension and holiday
My client is a 150 year old business with over 25 sites nationally. The business specialises in the manipulation of steel products via drilling, shop blasting, lasering and sawing processes and have sites throughout the UK where they carry out the steel processing before selling it to their customers.
Due to growth in the business, they are currently looking for an Electrical Maintenance Engineer to work at one of their Brighton sites who will be carrying out all the planned electrical maintenance and breakdown work for the machinery at the site. The role would suit someone who is happy working under their own supervision, who enjoys autonomy and is looking for a role on a day shift pattern. Please apply online for immediate consideration as the company are ready to hire asap.
As a Electrical Maintenance Engineer you will be responsible for the planned maintenance and reactive breakdowns for a range of steel processing automated machinery including drilling machines, industrial saws, lasering machines and shop blasting machines as well as the associated conveyors that form part of the machinery lines.
The position is a mixture of electrical and mechanical work still including:
- Identifying faulty electrical components such as sensors, inverters, broken cables, safety circuits.
- Routine maintenance of equipment and facility services, fault, prevention, finding and repair of equipment and services.
- Carrying various electrical installation onsite
- Ensuring that essential spare parts are available at the right time and as cost effectively as possible.
- Checking bearings and hydraulic components within the machines are functioning properly.
- Gearbox replacements.
You will also be responsible for organising and supervising sub-contractors that are required for any plant machinery or facilities maintenance at site.
The company offer a good training and induction programme where they would have you learn how to use some of the machinery before getting one on one mentoring with one of their most experienced engineers.
To be successful in your application for this Electrical Maintenance Engineer’s role you will need:
- An electrical qual qualification.
- To be able to carry out electrical fault finding and read electrical drawings for three phase systems.
- Electrical installation experience
- To be happy working as the only engineer at site.
- £36,000 - £38,000
- A day shift role.
- Paid Overtime
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays.
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation